Steakhouse sides

He's one of my role models when it comes to this YouTube thing. He was a film student before he started cooking, and it shows in his production value.
heh, any time I feel the need to do a voiceover for a video, I tell myself I am channeling my "Inner Babish" 😅

Sean Evans does a show where he interviews celebrities while they eat hotter and hotter chicken wings. He has a net worth of $40-million.

Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 4.21.28 PM.png

CD

Lighthouse Inn potatoes. They are a type of scalloped potatoes but on steroids. We saw this on Cook's Country and actually ended up buying their cookbook. These are the richest and creamiest scalloped potatoes we've ever had.

I'll second creamed spinach, as well as sautéed onions and mushrooms.

I got a couple of thick Berkshire pork chops when I placed an order at Wild Forks this past weekend. Hoping to have them this weekend.

Since I have to season my new cast iron pan anyway (which I plan to do in the oven), I might as well throw some garlic bulbs in foil in the oven at the same time. So it will be Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes as the main side, with sautéed mushrooms and shallots to top the steak. Still debating whether to bother with salad or not, but maybe I'll go the lazy route and buy a pre-made salad.

Since I have to season my new cast iron pan anyway (which I plan to do in the oven), I might as well throw some garlic bulbs in foil in the oven at the same time. So it will be Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes as the main side, with sautéed mushrooms and shallots to top the steak. Still debating whether to bother with salad or not, but maybe I'll go the lazy route and buy a pre-made salad.

Those pre-made salad bags are not an inferior product, they just cost more. Cost vs convenience.

I'm interested to hear how the shallots will work vs regular onions. I've always used sweet yellow Texas 1015 onions (same as Vidalia onions).

CD

It was! And now I remember why I only bought one: whether it's wagyu or not, the ribeye cut is so fatty that I prefer to share it with wife rather than try to eat a whole one by myself.

It doesn't look TOO overcooked, plus the fat content of wagyu makes it virtually impossible to get dry and tough.

If you like steak, and want it perfect every time, you should really look into sous vide. The only way I cook steak anymore it to sous vide it, and sear it in a screaming hot cast iron pan with butter. Perfect media rare every time.

Your onions and mushrooms look perfectly cooked.

CD

It doesn't look TOO overcooked, plus the fat content of wagyu makes it virtually impossible to get dry and tough.

If you like steak, and want it perfect every time, you should really look into sous vide. The only way I cook steak anymore it to sous vide it, and sear it in a screaming hot cast iron pan with butter. Perfect media rare every time.

Your onions and mushrooms look perfectly cooked.

CD
Thanks man, I literally just reminded the wife about the upcoming sous vide purchase! I was waiting to see if I could find it on sale today. Will report back later.

Back
Top Bottom