Stew recipes?

Carnold23

Über Member
Local time
3:51 PM
Does anyone have any good stew recipes since the cold weather is coming?
I would love some recipes I could make in my crock pot.
Both my kids are big soup and stew eaters so anything goes! Especially not the traditional beef stew recipes, something different I could try!

Funny you mention stews because I had just been thinking now that the weather here has really taken a nosedive into cooler temperatures how it's getting into that real stew weather!

This is one I have bookmarked that I wanted to try:

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/african_chicken_peanut_stew/

It's definitely a different stew than the typical beef stews. I think I'd use chicken breast pieces though rather than legs/thighs (that's just a personal preference thing for me!) but I love the sound of all those ingredients - they're some of my favorite flavors!

I will be watching this post too because I have been looking for some ideas too. I have seen a few online but I like to hear what others have made. I like making them when I know that others have tried it and recommend it. I like chilli this time of year. It is one of my favorite comfort foods.

Our beef stew is called MECHADO. It is of Spanish origin. The beef is cooked in soy sauce and red tomatoes plus a clove of crushed garlic. Continually add water until the beef is tender. Fry the beef in a pan with oil excluding the sauce. Stir fry the beef until a bit brown before putting it back to the pot (with the sauce). Boil the pot after adding sliced potatoes. You can also add sliced white onions after turning off the stove. Mechado is best served with steamed rice.

You know what's really comforting for cold weathers? Chicken soup! It's not just for the sick ya know we healthy people like our chicken soup too especially if it has tons of veggies, cream and chicken. :)

Add some elbow macaronies and minced carrots-- that's what my mother usually did since the availability of other vegetables were non-existent at the time. It's pretty good.

I have a great beef stew recipe for the crock pot. Put baby carrot, parsnips, celery in the crockpot, Then toss the beef with flour and brown in a pan. Place on top of the vegetables in your crock pot. Add beef broth, a can of tomato soup, worcestershire, thyme, onions and garlic. Pour over top of beef and vegetables. Cook for 4 hours. This makes the most amazing stew. I serve it with mashed potatoes on the side.

I love slow cooked lamb dishes shoulders are great potatoes and vegis,turmeric based stews are tasty a few cloves hard herbs ,I've been using butternut squash with brassied partridge and star anise as they have been in season

I love slow cooked lamb dishes shoulders are great potatoes and vegis,turmeric based stews are tasty a few cloves hard herbs ,I've been using butternut squash with brassied partridge and star anise as they have been in season
I've been using butternut squash too, in 'stews'. I've roasted it cut into cubes in olive oil with a smattering of cinnamon in the oven first along with turnips and swede. Then added it to a tomato sauce flavoured with saffron, together with chickpeas or beans and some courgettes. Its served with couscous and harissa. Its a tagine, really. But then, I think a tagine is a type of stew.

I've been using butternut squash too, in 'stews'. I've roasted it cut into cubes in olive oil with a smattering of cinnamon in the oven first along with turnips and swede. Then added it to a tomato sauce flavoured with saffron, together with chickpeas or beans and some courgettes. Its served with couscous and harissa. Its a tagine, really. But then, I think a tagine is a type of stew.
I think cinnamon a cloves go with braised dishes so well especially game and sweetness of parsnip or squash even celeriac goes that extra mile,shredded chard is also a great addition

I think cinnamon a cloves go with braised dishes so well especially game and sweetness of parsnip or squash even celeriac goes that extra mile,shredded chard is also a great addition
I've been experimenting with nutmeg too. Its an underused spice. It works well with mushrooms, oddly enough. Just a tad, mind you... it can be an hallucinogen in excess!

Back
Top Bottom