Storage Containers

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
5:49 AM
They come in all shapes and may be used for dry goods and liquids, stored dry or refrigerated.

Here's my latest ...

full.jpg

These are my current favourites. Dishwasher and microwave safe. We have them in different sizes (shown are 250 ml) the largest being 8 litres which we use to store rice.

I buy the Kroger store brand containers. The are dishwasher safe, and if I ruin one, I just toss it in the recycle bin. A five pack like this costs about $2.50 US.

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 8.14.48 PM.jpg

CD

Our food containers are getting old, but I´m not going to replace them. I´m just going to use empty cream, mozzarella and sauce containers. No extra cost and if they´re damaged, out.
Friend of mine calls them Chinaware, rather than Tupperware!

The largest storage container I have is this one ...

full.jpg

It is filled with brown rice.

Then I have a number of other large glass containers, filled in these photos with various things ...

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

I favor the Ball and Atlas sealable jars a lot.

full.jpg

And I also like the Anchor-Hocking or Pyrex microwavable storage bowls.

full.jpg

I have some plastic tupperware style bowls, but will have to take photos of those.

I have also, some liquid dispenser bottles on order at the present time, due to be received this month, November. I will photograph them when they arrive. I have a big need for dispenser bottles, for things like home made condiments and other liquid stuff.

I generally use glass for herbs and spices. These are kept in the spice cupboard;

the rest, coriander seeds, regular cumin seeds, turmeric powder, chilli powders, paprika and some dried herbs are kept in similar containers in the fridge.

Our food containers are getting old, but I´m not going to replace them. I´m just going to use empty cream, mozzarella and sauce containers. No extra cost and if they´re damaged, out.
Friend of mine calls them Chinaware, rather than Tupperware!

My wife regularly orders carry oot noodles and they are delivered in light plastic containers. Washed out they do make ideal receptacles for freezing curries and the like. They only last for two or three freezings.

My wife regularly orders carry oot noodles and they are delivered in light plastic containers. Washed out they do make ideal receptacles for freezing curries and the like. They only last for two or three freezings.

I do have a few of those as well.

I have cheap plastic ones like CD shows, heavy-duty plastic ones, glass swing-top storage jars for sugar, food-safe see-through plastic storage containers for flours (allows me to see the bag so I know which flour it is) and a host of recycled jam, olive, and mustard jars for various things.

They come in all shapes and may be used for dry goods and liquids, stored dry or refrigerated.

Here's my latest ...

View attachment 74448

I bought some like that (Oxo) before, but bugs & flying insects still got into them! Then I bought some with the screw-on tops. Problem solved!! The ones on the bottom with the green caps. They're only a dollar each at Dollar General!!

Last edited:
Here's the extent of my tupperware-like containers ...

full.jpg

And here's an example of a re-used store container (cold cuts originally) ...

full.jpg

Back
Top Bottom