Store Bought Pizza Crust

Pricking the pizza bases allows the air to escape, so the base is "flat" and crispy.
When my kids were here, we used to make pizzas in the kitchen oven. Max temperature, 550°F - not really high enough, so I´d put the bases on a ceramic tile (in the oven) for a minute before I put the topping on. When I pulled them out to cover them, they´d have bubbles all over them. For me, no problem; my youngest son used to prick them with a fork for a flatter base.
Me, personally, I like a base with "bubbles" on it.

We had only one source for pre-made pizza bases (Makro) and they weren't very good. More like biscuits. Therefore I started making my own with a bread machine that I was given. They were better but not substantially so.

On Thirstday last, when shopping for a new halogen oven, we called at the "up-market" supermarket and I found these. I bought three to try - one probably tomorrow when I obtain some pepperoni.

I would judge those pizza bases as adequate (and far better than Makro). I cooked the base for 5 minutes at 200°C before adding the topping. Then a further 10 minutes at 225°C.

Back
Top Bottom