Recipe Strawberries and Cream Brioche Pudding

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
12:18 AM
Its strawberry season in the UK and strawberries work well with cinnamon. This is a luxurious bread pudding, especially if you add the Cointreau and serve it with extra cream.

IMGP1022.jpg
Photographed today in natural light.

Ingredients

12 thick slices of brioche cut into triangles (approx. 200g)
Approx.16 strawberries, depending on size, halved.
30 g butter
250 ml double cream
250 ml milk
3 large eggs
50 g caster sugar
3 tbsp Cointreau (optional)
2 heaped tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
Icing sugar to dust

Method
Heat the oven to 180 C.
Gently heat the cream, milk and sugar, cinnamon and salt in a saucepan until sugar dissolves. Allow to cool.
Beat the eggs and whisk into the cream and milk.
Butter a baking dish generously and arrange the brioche, overlapping the triangles.
Tuck in most of the strawberry halves and drizzle over the Cointreau. Lave to soak for 20 mins.
Pour over the cream custard mixture.
Bake for 30 - 40 minutes until the custard is set and the brioche has browned at the edges.
Allow to cool slightly and dust with icing sugar.
Serve with extra cream, if desired.

IMGP1028.jpg

Last edited:
Source?
Available on two websites, there are copyright issues here.
Of course there are other recipes for this. As there will be for bread puddings in general. But this is my own recipe. If there are others that are the same in terms of exact ingredients and quantities, then please post links! :)

Waiting to hear from @classic33 on these copyright issues and @morning glory waiting on some strawberries from you. They are so expensive here. I don't know exactly what Classic means but you are going to have to protect this celebrity work. You might find it on a few blogs mine included.:giggle:

Last edited:
It's available elsewhere, quantities altertered.

If you're altering the amounts to suit, is it any different to copying without saying where from?

It's available elsewhere, quantities altertered.

If you're altering the amounts to suit, is it any different to copying without saying where from?
I really did not copy this! As I said, its quite well known (brioche bread pudding) as a generic recipe. There are bound to be loads of versions out there with or without strawberries. Its a bit like Victoria Sponge. Its a generic recipe and there will be loads of variations, so there aren't any netiquette issues. Same for Shepherd's Pie or any number of other recipes. Its more a question of netiquette than copyright because its actually very difficult to prove copyright of recipes. Its quite a different matter with photographs.

If your not keen like me on cooked strawberries try pain perdu with strawberries on top , brioche gypsy toast with fresh berries and cream

Back
Top Bottom