Recipe Stuffed Zucchini

Local time
2:36 PM
I don't know I will add this to the Challenge but in my digging around I stumbled on this one and thought were I a participant in the current Challenge I would surely summit this.
Stuffed-Zucchini-3-copy.jpg

http://realhealthyrecipes.com/2015/08/18/stuffed-zucchini/

• 6-8 zucchini
For the Stuffing
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • ¼ cup yellow onion, minced
  • ¼ cup quinoa (uncooked)
  • 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
  • ¼ cup fresh parsley, minced
  • ¼ cup fresh cilantro, minced
  • 2 Tablespoons fresh dill, minced
  • 2 Tablespoons fresh basil, minced
  • 2 Tablespoons black raisins, minced
  • 2 Tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
  • 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
For the Cooking Liquid
  • ¼ cup lemon juice
  • ½ teaspoon sea salt
  • 2 Tablespoons olive oil
  • ½ cup boiling water
  • *piece of onion if needed
INSTRUCTIONS

1. Wash and trim the zucchini ends. Cut in half (width-wise) and use a zucchini corer to hollow out each piece, leaving a ¼ inch wall. Set aside.
  2. In a large bowl combine all of the stuffing ingredients. Mix well until fully combined.
  3. Fill each hollowed zucchini with the stuffing, leaving ¼ inch space at the top. Place the zucchini upright in a loaf pan (see photo above) and use wedges of onion as needed to keep the zucchinis securely in place. Cover with foil and place in the fridge for at least an hour, for the flavors to mingle.
  4. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Combine the Cooking Liquid ingredients together and pour into the bottom of the loaf pan. Cover the zucchini tightly with foil. Bake for 45-60 minutes, until the filling is cooked through and the zucchini is tender. Slice and serve. Enjoy!
NUTRITION

Calories: 287 Fat: 14 g Carbohydrates: 20 g Sodium: 646 mg Fiber: 4 g Protein: 22 g

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom