Sugar cubes

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
10:56 PM
Anyone still using sugar cubes for their morning cuppa?

IMG_7859.jpeg

These are becoming harder to find - I was able to get them in town at the small Kroger up until 10-12 years ago, then they disappeared from there (and from the big Kroger) - now I have to go to a specialty grocer’s to get them.

I like them because of the easy “dosage,” but also because, with loose sugar for MrsT’s coffee, she has no qualms about sticking a wet stir spoon into the sugar bowl to retrieve more sugar, which absolutely disgusts me - sugar cubes…problem solved!

Anyone still using sugar cubes for their morning cuppa?

View attachment 111383

These are becoming harder to find - I was able to get them in town at the small Kroger up until 10-12 years ago, then they disappeared from there (and from the big Kroger) - now I have to go to a specialty grocer’s to get them.

I like them because of the easy “dosage,” but also because, with loose sugar for MrsT’s coffee, she has no qualms about sticking a wet stir spoon into the sugar bowl to retrieve more sugar, which absolutely disgusts me - sugar cubes…problem solved!
I put sugar in a mason jar with a plastic leakproof lid. A small demitasse size spoon is in the jar for serving. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom