Recipe Sundried tomato and roasted garlic infused olive oil

JAS_OH1

Forum GOD!
Local time
5:07 PM
I made a versatile infused oil using a few of my favorite things: roasted garlic, sundried tomatoes, and cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil (EVOO). This oil is great for dipping bread, brushing on pizza crust, and a myriad of other things. This is a super easy recipe that can be adjusted and adapted to taste. Dried herbs and other seasonings can be added for additional flavor. It's important to use a very good olive oil for this recipe.

Ingredients:
2 whole bulbs of fresh, raw garlic
Approximately 14 ounces of EVOO
3 ounces of sundried tomatoes, cut into smallish pieces

Roasting the garlic:
Remove most of the papery skin from the garlic cloves. Cut the two cloves in half (because of the shape of the cloves the garlic pieces will not be uniform in size). Place the cloves cut side down in a small baking dish. Pour a generous amount of olive oil (about 2 ounces) over the cloves and cover the tightly with foil. Bake in the oven at about 250F for approximately 40 minutes. Allow to cool thoroughly before removing the remaining skin (the soft garlic cloves should slip out quite easily).

While the garlic cloves are baking, place the sundried tomatoes in a glass jar or bottle. Pour the olive oil in over the top and give them a brief stir. Place the peeled clove pieces in the jar of oil and stir. Store in the refrigerator.

Notes: I did not pour the oil that I baked the garlic in into the jar with the sundried tomatoes and roasted garlic, I used that immediately for something else (to fry hubby's breakfast hash potatoes). If you would like to use the infused jarred/bottled oil to dip your bread, you probably should add some salt to the dipping dish after you pour it. Parmesan cheese is also a tasty addition for dipping. I personally think that keeping it in the refrigerator helps keep the oil from getting rancid quickly. I also would bring the oil out of the refrigerator before using as a bread dip to bring it to room temperature.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom