Recipe Sweet cornbread

Also lemon and prunes I think could work in a different way.

I always have dried plums here. I bought some extra plump (and extra expensive) ones very recently. This would end up similar to the cornbread on the TV show that @medtran49 saw recently (Crazy Chefs? or something) where slices of plum were laid into the cornbread batter. But with both lemon zest and juice added.

What did you have in mind @morning glory ?

I always have dried plums here. I bought some extra plump (and extra expensive) ones very recently. This would end up similar to the cornbread on the TV show that @medtran49 saw recently (Crazy Chefs? or something) where slices of plum were laid into the cornbread batter. But with both lemon zest and juice added.

What did you have in mind @morning glory ?

Yes, something like that (layering them) using quite a lot of prunes and the zest of lemon.

I made the sweet cornbread with sugar reduced a bit because we wanted it to go with bacon and eggs. I replaced milk with soy milk and used marge to make it dairy-free. We ate it plain with the cooked breakfast and then with some honey spread on it which was also good. Thanks, we will make it again.

fullsizeoutput_11.jpeg

That looks great @alexander . I may be wrong but I think that's the first dairy-free sweet cornbread posted on here.

Pleased that you liked it. If you're looking for a simple variation just to eat for breakfast with jam or fruit, try adding just 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla essence to the mix. We've been blown away by this in the village - and have just discovered that it works very well with fresh dates too.

Pleased that you liked it. If you're looking for a simple variation just to eat for breakfast with jam or fruit, try adding just 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla essence to the mix. We've been blown away by this in the village - and have just discovered that it works very well with fresh dates too

I plan on making it next weekend. I'm visiting Mum on Sunday afternoon and she says she never had cornbread so I plan to take some round. I'll make it with vanilla as you suggest as we will probably eat it for tea.

An almond & vanilla cornbread. Using the recipe in post #1 of this thread, plus an addition to the dry mix of 30g of almond flakes and 1 tablespoon of ground almonds, plus 1 dessertspoon of almond flakes scattered over the surface prior to putting it in the oven.

Almond & Vanilla Cornbread 2 03112018.JPG
Almond & Vanilla Cornbread 3 03112018.JPG

Saw this and thought about you.

Hey @medtran49 … thank you for this. I've never made madeleines but I've certainly eaten and enjoyed them.

Cornflour madeleines … well, why not? I had a quick look at the recipe (both Norton AV & Windows objected to something on that website) … but I'll have a longer look and see what I can come up with !

Hey @medtran49 … thank you for this. I've never made madeleines but I've certainly eaten and enjoyed them.

Cornflour madeleines … well, why not? I had a quick look at the recipe (both Norton AV & Windows objected to something on that website) … but I'll have a longer look and see what I can come up with !

Wow, not sure why, it's from Food and Wine magazine, which is a well known publication here. It's in the Feb 2019 issue we got yesterday.

Remember nana making those cute wee cakes, so soft and beautiful. I've got corn bread from USA here. I'm trying these.

Thanks
Russ

Back
Top Bottom