Table grill/raclette grill - do you have one?

But you often cook for your partner, you don't enjoy eating at the same time though?

Not any more. My main meal is in the evening. He eats his evening meal at 6 pm then goes to bed at around 7 pm. For those who don't know, he has dementia and has a 'routine' which sort of works. 6 pm is far too early for me to eat a main meal. I've always eaten late (9 pm or after). The rest of the day I eat very little but I do make him a large lunch. I couldn't possibly eat what he eats at lunch time!

Not any more. My main meal is in the evening. He eats his evening meal at 6 pm then goes to bed at around 7 pm. For those who don't know, he has dementia and has a 'routine' which sort of works. 6 pm is far too early for me to eat a main meal. I've always eaten late (9 pm or after). The rest of the day I eat very little but I do make him a large lunch. I couldn't possibly eat what he eats at lunch time!
I get it, we eat late here as well. Generally around 9:30, sometimes later than 10. And the first meal of the day is usually noon or later.

I get it, we eat late here as well. Generally around 9:30, sometimes later than 10. And the first meal of the day is usually noon or later.

I'd fit in well if I stayed at your place.

Back to the raclette/table grill. The extension cable trailing to the dining table is putting me off big time. I'm odd about things like that. I like things to be aesthetically pleasing when I eat. I actually googled to see if there were battery operated raclettes. You see what not going anywhere for over two years is doing to me... ? :hyper::laugh:

I'd fit in well if I stayed at your place.

Back to the raclette/table grill. The extension cable trailing to the dining table is putting me off big time. I'm odd about things like that. I like things to be aesthetically pleasing when I eat. I actually googled to see if there were battery operated raclettes. You see what not going anywhere for over two years is doing to me... ? :hyper::laugh:
Well it's a little late to be doing any major rerouting of electricity in your house, but I have seen homes that had the electrical outlets in the floor. My brother's house in Houston has a very large living room (not sure what you call that in the UK) where the TV, couches, stereo, bookcases, etc. are located, and they have electrical outlets both on the wall and several on the floor. Makes things much easier for vaccuming! But you would also need a hole in the center of the table as well I suppose...

Since I would only use it a few times a year, it would not bother me to have an extension cord trailing to the table since we have no small children or pets to trip over it. The only exception to that would be if my husband, while in his cups, tripped over it...but I imagine I would unplug it immediately after using it and would put it away. It does sound kind of a fun thing to do!

I'm odd about things like that. I like things to be aesthetically pleasing when I eat.
I think that’s a wonderful way to be.

The cord is an annoyance. What finally prompted us to get a proper fondue pot years ago was because I was sick and tired of looking at the cord on the electric one we had.

Does your raclette not have a cord?
Yes, it does have a cord, but they don’t come any other way, to my knowledge. We always have raclette (I say “always,” we’ve had it twice at home :laugh:) on a coffee table, so there’s a plug easily reachable nearby, though one of us always manages to snag it at least once during set-up.

I really like going out with friends for Korean BBQ. You cook, eat, and talk at a slow-ish pace. It's fun, and tastes good. Most of the KBBQ restaurants I've been to use table grills with lump charcoal (burns very clean).

Screen Shot 2022-04-10 at 4.43.11 PM.jpg

CD

Back
Top Bottom