Tablecloths - do you use one?

Not really. Mostly placemats on a glass table. Used to use a tablecloth with matching napkins when I had a French country cozy-look kitchen & lots of copper. I like red and white checked cloths on picnic tables. White linen with matching napkins look pretty on restaurant tables. I'm pretty casual here.

Remind me never to invite you to my house :oops:

Most neat freaks would freak if they came to mine - although oddly I do quite like order. My mission is to de-clutter this year. But ironing...no. I can understand it as a therapeutic thing though. A bit like any repetitive task which gets results. And I can imagine a nice neat pile of ironed things could be quite satisfying.

Back to tablecloths - I do have a bit of a passion for 50's and 60's designs and these tablecloths appeal to me - they would need to be in the right vintage setting though...

Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 22.02.29.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 21.59.49.png

Good - at least he irons his own shirts! Why do men have to wear this stupid uniform with shirts that need ironing? Not their fault of course but its such a strange antiquated idea of 'correct smart attire' in the workplace.

About 15 years ago I threw out all but 1 of my business shirts and threw a heap of ties out as well. Just enough for weddings and funerals now,lol. My work attire was just polo tops, nice ones. And dress jeans. I wore business shirts and ties for 20 years. I hate them now.

Russ

Those 2 table cloths look like one we used in a 60s night we had here. It was a real laugh, especially when I lit up a bit of hooter. I acquired it from a friend to be authentic with the night. Lol.

Russ

Check out TM Lewin's non-iron shirts! Dry them on a clothes hanger and they genuinely don't need ironing :thumbsup: Hubby's been wearing them for years :D

That's useful to know - I don't think my partner has worn a shirt for decades though. He certainly doesn't own any. I'll pass the tip on to my son who has recently developed a liking for 'trendy' floral and paisley patterned shirts (if TM Lewin do them).

Back
Top Bottom