Tea & coffee cups & mugs

Some of ours

I've a particular issue with mugs - I like a very thin rim which is very difficult to find unless its bone china. Bone china mugs with aesthetic designs are far and few between. Most are very old fashioned looking and chintzy. Currently I have one mug from which I'm prepared to drink tea. I'll post a photo tomorrow...
Looking forward to seeing it, they are the best

I love fun mugs. Or mugs reminding me of a place I have been. I'll post a photo or two, soon. I probably have 15-20 of them. I use them regularly, and serve with them to guests. (Who usually like picking their preferred mug...) My latest set of dishes (finally, buying a full set for MYSELF, not taking hand-me-downs, or the set (which I still liked but most of the pieces are no longer here) my parents bought me at the flea market) came with coffee cups. I have those, but very seldom use them.

I did inherit my parentals set of bone china. Unfortunately for their usage - it is neither dishwasher nor microwave safe. If I ever find someone who can appreciate good china, I'll simply give the entire set to them.

Here's today's mug, an oversized one. In the pic, it has...16oz of tea in it.

This is one of the very few that I bought. When I told MrsT we need not downsize on the mugs, she offered that one up for the donate pile. :laugh:

I love fun mugs. Or mugs reminding me of a place I have been. I'll post a photo or two, soon. I probably have 15-20 of them. I use them regularly, and serve with them to guests. (Who usually like picking their preferred mug...) My latest set of dishes (finally, buying a full set for MYSELF, not taking hand-me-downs, or the set (which I still liked but most of the pieces are no longer here) my parents bought me at the flea market) came with coffee cups. I have those, but very seldom use them.

I did inherit my parentals set of bone china. Unfortunately for their usage - it is neither dishwasher nor microwave safe. If I ever find someone who can appreciate good china, I'll simply give the entire set to them.
How wonderful to inherit bone China! Would love to see your set 💖
My father sold my mother's Wedgewood collection at their divorce, never once considering me :thumbsdown:

Ahh I collect mugs and have a collection back at home, need to post a pic when I get home! 🤩

This also reminds me I collect tea mugs instead of magnets from the places where I travel, but I only got a coffee cup from Greece, should I buy a tea mug on my last day here?

Bought this in Belfast at the Titanic exhibit. It's a reproduction of the 2nd class cups:

These are my favorite mugs for coffee, because they hold more than they appear to, and they're quite heavy:

We opted for stoneware for our wedding over bone china, and that's the pattern we picked...Raindance, by Noritake, which has since been retired (as has that pattern on the Corelleware plate with the doughnuts).

Back
Top Bottom