Tea & coffee cups & mugs

Basic white cups from IKEA for me.

IMG_1609.JPG

CD

Bought this in Belfast at the Titanic exhibit. It's a reproduction of the 2nd class cups:

View attachment 72583

When I cleaned out my grandfather's house, there was a demitasse set in the house. Nobody knew where it came from, but it was from the first class part of a White Star ship from the same era as the Titanic. Just for grins, I put it on eBay. Bidding went nuts. I sold it for $395-US plus shipping. One cup, one saucer.

Oh, I was very clear in my description that this demitasse set did NOT come from the Titanic. The buyer was someone who knew about this kind of collectible.

CD

You can probably guess as to what that says along the bottom (hint, it rhymes with "lone binge," which is what I do with pizza when MrsT is traveling :laugh:):

This might be the mug we've had the longest, probably bought just before it just after we married in 1990:

The artwork is by Woody Jackson, probably best known for his art appearing on Ben & Jerry ice cream containers way back when.

I just got a second look at that Alice In Wonderland mug - I love that! 😍

Here's mine for today:
View attachment 72894
It's from my employer, hence the bit of brainwashing emblazoned on the side. Good October colors, though. 🎃
I love the Alice mug, it's one of my favorites. It's shaped as if it's 3 cups piled up.

I just realised however that I forgot to unbox quite a lot of my mugs with our move last year! So stay tuned lol

Back
Top Bottom