Temporary farewell

Duck59

Guru
Local time
3:10 PM
Website
duckholiday.com
Well, I'm hoping it's only temporary. Thanks to the buffoon who turned my flat into Atlantis, I'm having to move house today. Internet access seems to be minimalist, at best, so you'll be spared my outpourings of drivel for a while (rapturous applause rings out).

I will, however, have cooking facilities, so there may yet be something I can get my bill into.

Duck59 flooded out - you wouldn't read about it. Except you just did.

Well, I'm hoping it's only temporary. Thanks to the buffoon who turned my flat into Atlantis, I'm having to move house today. Internet access seems to be minimalist, at best, so you'll be spared my outpourings of drivel for a while (rapturous applause rings out).

I will, however, have cooking facilities, so there may yet be something I can get my bill into.

You poor thing! Hope you are covered by insurance...

Thankfully all insured. I've decided that the next two or three months are going to be pretty much treated as a holiday. The pay won't be up to much, but the hours will be good.

Bags packed and ready to go. Cliff Richard starts singing, "We're all going on a summer holiday."

Well, it's one way of getting your home redecorated. Not the way I'd have chosen, admittedly.

Thankfully all insured. I've decided that the next two or three months are going to be pretty much treated as a holiday. The pay won't be up to much, but the hours will be good.

Bags packed and ready to go. Cliff Richard starts singing, "We're all going on a summer holiday."

Well, it's one way of getting your home redecorated. Not the way I'd have chosen, admittedly.
Thats a great way of looking at it! Enjoy:D.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

Hope I got here before the taxi.....Remain well.

The taxi will be here soon. Thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts.

[Has visions of Patrick MacGoohan-style Prisoner being taken away to "The Village".]
Sithi Number 59

Possibly!

Best wishes and hope to see you back soon. I hope you are not out as long as the last person I knew who was affected by flooding, but his was flood water and was there for a while... He was out of his home for over 8 months IIRC.

Ha! Wi-fi works. One thing I cannot complain about is the view.

IMG_4038.JPG

Good to hear you are OK. Our cooker is the same. Toast is best done in a really cheap toaster or if you have gas rings consider the open fire approach! Tis raining hard here as well and looks like it will for most of the day going by the rain radar, but tomorrow is set to be good which is great news for the lady I have been training for her charity cycle ride to Snowdon. My OH is riding with her so that the rest of the crowd can get on with life and do the ride as a sponsored bike race (going by the chatter between 2 of them it will be!). Right, off to work out his route and make sure that it is a) viable and b) he has a paper copy of it for when and if life fails on the digital side!

Oh well, that was our sunny day...it's bucketing down today.

The main problem here is that it's a long way to any shops. The cooker seems to work okay, though judging by the attempt to make toast this morning, if you want to grill anything, it might be as well to do it overnight.

Same here (bucketing down). So much for August. That's good that you got Wi-Fi and a cooker. Other than a decent bed and bathroom, thats all basic requirements covered! And such a wonderful view!

Back
Top Bottom