1 teaspoon baking soda

Frosting
1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
1⁄4 cup milk
4 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup chopped walnuts

Directions
In a large saucepan, bring butter and water to a boil.
Remove from the heat; stir in flour, sugar, eggs, sour cream, almond extract, salt and baking soda until smooth.
Pour into a greased 15x10 inch baking pan.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20-22 minutes or until cake is golden brown and tests done.
Cool for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, for frosting, combine butter and milk in a saucepan; Bring to a boil; remove from heat; add sugar and extract and mix well.
Stir in walnuts; spread over warm cake.

http://www.food.com/recipe/white-texas-sheet-cake-27899

Last edited:
That looks good. It looks like a coffee cake. I will be giving this a try soon. Maybe for the Easter church breakfast.

The frosting sure completes the look but if I was going to attempt that I would be happy without the frosting. For many I am sure that would defeat the purpose of such a good looking cake. I am wondering what inspired the name.

You are right Pat that would be a good Easter dish, I am not sure I would eat it for breakfast but maybe as a dessert. It is interesting to see that in a white form, because I am pretty sure the recipe I have for Texas sheet cake is chocolate. I have not made it, but I always thought it looked really yummy. One of these days, I think I will attempt it.

OMG! This cake looks just so good. I have been hungry for cake lately so this just might show up for dessert at my house tonight!! I have made the Texas Chocolate Sheetcake in the past and love that one.

This looks divine. I will be trying this for Easter. I wonder how this would taste with a little lemon in the frosting. This would also be delicious with morning coffee I bet.

Back
Top Bottom