Thanksgiving 2022

Pumpkin pie in the making:

Because of all of the hubbub-bub that DH and I have been through the past few weeks, we made a joint decision to have Thanksgiving lunch out at a restaurant with my Neighborhood Gal Pals and their spouses, as well as my Mother.
I have NEVER done this before!
I've fought having any holiday meal out, tooth and nail, BUT this year needs to be different.
I just don't have enough energy to make a Turkey Dinner for three this year.
So that means no leftovers, dang it all!

Because of all of the hubbub-bub that DH and I have been through the past few weeks, we made a joint decision to have Thanksgiving lunch out at a restaurant with my Neighborhood Gal Pals and their spouses, as well as my Mother.
I've fought having any holiday meal out, tooth and nail, BUT this year needs to be different.

Just order too much food, and ask for a to-go box (I miss when they were called doggie bags).

And, the upside is that along with no leftovers, you also have no pots, pans and dishes to be washed.

CD

We’ve done Thanksgiving every which way; hosted at home, gone to others (like we’re doing this year), gotten a boxed meal in, and eaten out.

They all have pros and cons, so just go and enjoy the company and the lack of dirty dishes and having someone wait on you. You’ll have fun. :okay:

We’ve done Thanksgiving every which way; hosted at home, gone to others (like we’re doing this year), gotten a boxed meal in, and eaten out.

They all have pros and cons, so just go and enjoy the company and the lack of dirty dishes and having someone wait on you. You’ll have fun. :okay:

My favorite Thanksgiving dinner was the one year that my ex-wife and I did not go to one of our parent's houses, and cooked dinner with another couple who lived down the street from us, Chris and Lisa. Lisa had no talent for cooking, but my ex and I and Chris were all good cooks. We had a feast, all cooked from scratch. I smoked a Turkey, and Chris and I cooked sides, and Tina (my ex) baked -- she was an outstanding baker. OMG, it was good. And, we ate dinner in our formal dining room on the stupidly expensive Ethan Allen furniture, and used the Royal Doulton china and Waterford crystal -- one of the three (?) times we used all of that the whole time we were married.

CD

My favorite Thanksgiving dinner
My favorite was probably one of the first three when MrsT and I were first dating and first married. I just don’t remember which one, they were all good.

The funniest was when my brother threatened to beat the 💩 out of my sister’s boyfriend when he made a joke about my mom’s lumpy mashed potatoes. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom