Thanksgiving 2022

The candied yams, swimming in butter and brown sugar:

Thanksgiving lunch/appy was marinated mushrooms, stuffed mushrooms, and cream cheese & olive poppers.

thanksgiving_lunch_112422_img_0318-jpg.jpg

The turkey

thanksgiving_turkey_112422_img_0325-jpg.jpg

Dinner was turkey, mashed potatoes (red, yellow potatoes, and turnip), glazed carrots, sautéed mushrooms, homemade cranberry & orange relish, green bean casserole, stuffing, brussels sprouts, creamed pearl onions, mashed sweet potatoes with praline topping, crescent roll, and homemade gravy.
Sparkling cranberry, apple cider, and Prosecco.

thanksgiving_dinner_112422_img_0329-jpg.jpg

Thanksgiving lunch/appy was marinated mushrooms, stuffed mushrooms, and cream cheese & olive poppers.

View attachment 92939

The turkey

View attachment 92940

Dinner was turkey, mashed potatoes (red, yellow potatoes, and turnip), glazed carrots, sautéed mushrooms, homemade cranberry & orange relish, green bean casserole, stuffing, brussels sprouts, creamed pearl onions, mashed sweet potatoes with praline topping, crescent roll, and homemade gravy.
Sparkling cranberry, apple cider, and Prosecco.

View attachment 92941
Those olives look delicious!

Yeah, both the cream and the nuts are additions. I just did an inventory, and it’s going to be hazelnuts, not pecans.
Well, I certainly won't get near hazelnuts in any shape or form. They're so repulsive to me I have no desire to find out if they are a form of nut I can eat now, or not.

Hope it all worked out for you, however.

Thanksgiving yesterday: a bunch of neighbors got together. I brought a scalloped potato au gratin with three types of cheese, broccoli, spinach, home grown onions, cranberries, oyster mushrooms, and za'atar seasoning.

The hosts made two turkeys, and there was a vegetarian and a sausage set of stuffiings, asparagus, garlic mashed potatoes, a winter squash casserole, home made cranberry sauce, cranberry sauce from the can, gravy, salad with too many nuts so I ignored that, and for dessert, chocolate coffee mousse (yum) , apple pie and blueberry pie. A cherry cheesecake.

Well, I certainly won't get near hazelnuts in any shape or form. They're so repulsive to me I have no desire to find out if they are a form of nut I can eat now, or not.

Hope it all worked out for you, however.

You and me both. I hate hazelnuts and anything flavored with hazelnuts.

I do like candied pecans. I usually make some for me, and take some to my dad at this time of year. I haven't yet this year. Maybe for Christmas. I make mine with butter, maple syrup and brown sugar.

CD

You and me both. I hate hazelnuts and anything flavored with hazelnuts.

I do like candied pecans. I usually make some for me, and take some to my dad at this time of year. I haven't yet this year. Maybe for Christmas. I make mine with butter, maple syrup and brown sugar.

CD
That sounds wonderful! Can you please post a full recipe for your candied pecans.

That sounds wonderful! Can you please post a full recipe for your candied pecans.

I don't really have a recipe. I just make them from memory and instinct.

It is roughly equal parts of all three ingredients. You cook the mixture to liquify the sugar, then you stir the pecans into the mixture to coat. Spread them on a foil lined sheet pan, and bake until the coating is just tacky. I'm thinking the oven temp is 350F. When they cool, the coating will harden.

CD

Well, it's official. I gained six pounds in six days visiting my family for Thanksgiving. Sooooo... looks like I'll be watching what I eat for the next week or two. No restaurant food, for sure.

CD

Back
Top Bottom