That one dish you just can't make?

I always say there are plenty of dishes easy to get right but also easy to get wrong,such as twice baked soufflé ,I can make batch after batch and junior chefs try to emulate me and gate one stage just a little wrong and the soufflé will not work,many dishes take three or four times to perfect,even for professionals

I'm terrible at my grandmother's recipes. Not that when I make them they come out terrible. People immensely enjoy them. I follow the recipes exactly (she'd be angry if I didn't) & my brothers & sister tend to feel they taste the same. Maybe it's just mental. I just feel something is missing. Perhaps it's the love she put into it. :(

I'm terrible at my grandmother's recipes. Not that when I make them they come out terrible. People immensely enjoy them. I follow the recipes exactly (she'd be angry if I didn't) & my brothers & sister tend to feel they taste the same. Maybe it's just mental. I just feel something is missing. Perhaps it's the love she put into it. :(
I would not stress out too much. And, I think you touched on the mental part that reall made me think. That's a real issue for may home cooks I think. Because I believe our memories contain more than just the food, recipe, and end taste - but also the memories and love for family, friends, good times. I know I'll never be able to re-create many of my mom's or grand parent's dishes because of the fantastic times as a kid that I had in the kitchen or by the smoker with them. I guess we all need to also cherish the memories we are making now. Hopefully my son will remember some of the great times we've had over the years with some of our favorite dishes.

Back
Top Bottom