The 4th

CraigC

Guru
Local time
4:32 AM
Only us Americans celebrate the 4th of July. Any special plans or menus? I'm thinking about cupcake/muffin tin thighs or pulled pork. Maybe some ABTs or moink balls, BBQed beans and none mayo vinegar and oil based coleslaw for sides.

I'll be on-call for the 4th itself, but we're off on the 3rd. As...inappropriate?...as it sounds, I'm planning on doing a traditional British afternoon tea! :laugh:

It wasn't intentional, it's just that the weather wasn't expected to cooperate this weekend (though that proved wrong), so I pushed it to the following weekend, which happens to be the 4th.

I did also buy footlongs, so I'll probably do that at some point over the weekend, and sides with be simple cookout fare; potato salad or macaroni salad or potato chips, maybe a nice broccoli slaw. Not sure about dessert.

I'll probably toss something on the gas grill, like chicken wings, with the smoke tube for a nice touch of smoke. If I can get some nice corn, I may grill a few cobs to slather with butter and herbs. Potato salad is a pretty good probability, too -- with BACON!

TR, dump a few boxes of British tea into a nearby pond, and you can commemorate the Boston Tea Party. 🇱🇷

CD

Since the 4th is on a Saturday this year, I had the option of taking the day today, or deferring it to some other day later in the year.

I took it today, just because this past week has been a rough one at work. I'm actually on-call tomorrow, but just for part of the day, covering for someone who has an out-of-town guest visiting.

I won't be grilling until the sun is almost down. It's too hot on my patio right now.

CD

Have you seen the un-cut version of that movie? If not... don't!!! You have been warned.

CD
Yep, but it's all ok, because it's puppets. :laugh:

Seriously, though, I don't care what side of the political spectrum you're on, or where in the world you live, there's something funny in "Team America" for just about everybody.

My finished cupcake thighs.

36788-albums1069-picture8333.jpg

Back
Top Bottom