The Alphabet Game: Dishes using Za'atar

You can make your own Za'atar blend at home, so I would think everybody has access to it.

Dishes made with Za'atar?

You can make your own Za'atar blend at home, so I would think everybody has access to it.

Dishes made with Za'atar?

Oh I see - I thought CraigC meant dishes with any herb or spice. I think za'atar will be very difficult if not impossible, if we are meaning existing dishes. On the other hand stupidly easy if not. All we would need to do is choose an ingredient of the approrpiate letter and add za'atar. For E for example - eggs with za'atar.

Oh I see - I thought CraigC meant dishes with any herb or spice. I think za'atar will be very difficult if not impossible, if we are meaning existing dishes. On the other hand stupidly easy if not. All we would need to do is choose an ingredient of the approrpiate letter and add za'atar. For E for example - eggs with za'atar.
I understand egg but Za'atar????
I have no clue what do with.
Sarana x

I understand egg but Za'atar????
I have no clue what do with.
Sarana x

It is a middle eastern spice blend. At least those are the dishes we first used it in. When we find/hear of a new spice or spice blend we like to try them. For example the herb Epazote isn't much known outside of Mexico and the American Southwest.

But is not game for what we really make or can do. Ignore please I realise it about expand knowledge.

Sarana x

No its not for things we make ourselves. Its really a bit of an easy game, depending on the topic. Its just a hopefully fast moving game to name something of the next letter in the alphabet according to the current topic.

It is a middle eastern spice blend. At least those are the dishes we first used it in. When we find/hear of a new spice or spice blend we like to try them. For example the herb Epazote isn't much known outside of Mexico and the American south west.

In fact there is no definitive recipe. There are many different variations. The 'so-called' original contained the herb zaatar which is close to hyssop and oregano. What is Zaatar? - EatZaatar.com

That could work, but I was thinking, pick one spice or herb per game.

I know - I just think its either too difficult or far too easy. I suppose it doesn't really matter. Its a silly game really anyway! The most interesting thing about it is when we discover new dishes. Or at least, that is what I like about it.

Maybe, name a herb and suggest a dish which uses it? Or name a herb and a way to use it.

Back
Top Bottom