The Cookbook Game #1

I'll be making the "Shrimp Jambalaya" on page 127.

36788-albums322-picture8034.jpg

I might have to add an ingredient since there isn't any tasso or andouille in the recipe.
Sorry Craig, one of the rules of the game is to make the recipe "as is" the first time around. Otherwise how can you give a true review if it is not as the author wrote it. Remember, the game is about the cookbook, not making something good. So sorry.

Sorry Craig, one of the rules of the game is to make the recipe "as is" the first time around. Otherwise how can you give a true review if it is not as the author wrote it. Remember, the game is about the cookbook, not making something good. So sorry.

Well I just deviated when making mine today because otherwise it would have been ruined. I think if all we do is add something then it shouldn't matter. As long as we are able to review the recipe as it stands and say why we added something. Obviously, though it has to be a fairly simple addition (not lots of extras or a complete change in cooking methods).

The whole point here is get us using our cookbooks and to provide a review of a recipe. So long as we do that then I reckon its just fine. We want to encourage entries... if the rules are too rigid it will put people off!

Lets compromise a little - we do that we do that a lot on CookingBites in order to be as inclusive as possible and encourage everyone to participate. :)

What if someone altered a recipe enough so that they didn't like it and said so. I'm sorry, the rule still stands.

We have many cookbooks that have notations in recipes to add more or less of an ingredient.

According to the clock, players still have 3 days, 21 hours and x minutes. Please feel free to post till then.

Well I just deviated when making mine today because otherwise it would have been ruined. I think if all we do is add something then it shouldn't matter. As long as we are able to review the recipe as it stands and say why we added something. Obviously, though it has to be a fairly simple addition (not lots of extras or a complete change in cooking methods).

The whole point here is get us using our cookbooks and to provide a review of a recipe. So long as we do that then I reckon its just fine. We want to encourage entries... if the rules are too rigid it will put people off!

Lets compromise a little - we do that we do that a lot on CookingBites in order to be as inclusive as possible and encourage everyone to participate. :)

We may encourage people to play, but if the rules are not followed, then they are playing a different game.

What if someone altered a recipe enough so that they didn't like it and said so. I'm sorry, the rule still stands.

Like I said - a simple addition - not a complete alteration of the recipe. We have to be a bit flexible here or we will discourage people. Its supposed to be a fun game not a rigid test.
Anyway - lets face it, unless I hadn't said anything you would not have known that I deviated with the recipe I made today! :giggle: We can't really police what people do that closely.

Am I now disqualified... :D

I'm just saying that with my experience in Cajun and Creole cooking, I'm looking for a certain taste. I'll have some andouille as a side with some Creole mustard.

I'm willing to make the recipes as they stand...

I intended to - but the problem for me started when I got halfway through cooking it and realised that it was not going to work. So - either I deviated, or the dish would be ruined. That would have been a stupid waste. It was a minor deviation...

Back
Top Bottom