The Cookbook Game #3

Nice to chill out when you are cooking! In any case its bound to take longer if you haven't made them before. Its tricky to make stuffed pasta/dumplings of any sort (and I'm not very good at it).

Sounds good to me. Miso paste is a fantastic ingredient. You won't regret purchasing it. I use miso a lot to flavour sauces, stews etc.

That is a great testimony.

I'm very impressed. I'm not good at filled dumplings/pasta and it really looks like you did a great job. A very detailed analysis too.

Thank you 😊
I will have to make sure I use the miso paste, I don't want it going to waste. I looked for a use by date and it doesn't appear to have one so presumably as long as it refrigerated it'll be ok for some time.

Thank you 😊
I will have to make sure I use the miso paste, I don't want it going to waste. I looked for a use by date and it doesn't appear to have one so presumably as long as it refrigerated it'll be ok for some time.

It last virtually forever because its fermented - like Marmite!

Perfect job. Hope you enjoyed your cookbook. That is my goal with this game. It is such a shame to have the books go unused. I don't usually comment on the recipes, just as long as we use the cookbooks. So you really don't have to knock yourself out with the recipe description. lol

There is also an entry from @WhatsCookingMama (see here) but she didn't post the recipe up as a Recipe thread. So I think we have 6 entries including that. I believe @SatNavSaysStraightOn also made something (lentil dish) but had problems with an electricity power cut? Not sure.

Perfect job. Hope you enjoyed your cookbook. That is my goal with this game. It is such a shame to have the books go unused. I don't usually comment on the recipes, just as long as we use the cookbooks. So you really don't have to knock yourself out with the recipe description. lol

It's a great idea and I'm glad I have made use of the book finally!
Oh, I'll remember that for next time 😂

There is also an entry from @WhatsCookingMama (see here) but she didn't post the recipe up as a Recipe thread. So I think we have 6 entries including that. I believe @SatNavSaysStraightOn also made something (lentil dish) but had problems with an electricity power cut? Not sure.
Indeed. I lost power for 8hrs part way through cooking, so resorted to a hay box to keep everything warm and use slow cooking instead.

It was edible, but there was very little flavour and neither of us was impressed with it.

Since the power outage, a couple of medical appointments which because of our remoteness pretty much take ½ a day, and what with the other rather obvious factor, I've not had time to write up the recipe or anything else. I'll be adding it later this week after the deadline. It's all I can do.

Final entry: Cauliflower with Mace & Onion Sauce see my comments in the Recipe thread.

Cauliflower with Mace & Onion Sauce from The Spice Recipe Book by Rosamond Richardson

Last edited:
A big thank you to all who participated in this game. There were 7 entries in all (@WhatsCookingMama's photo and descriptions are in this thread but not posted up as a Recipe - see here). Would have been 8 entries if @SatNavSaysStraightOn hadn't suffered a power cut!

All the other entries can be seen by clicking on the the cookbook game #3 tag. The entries we very wide ranging in content and trechnique and included dumplings, vegetable dishes, sausages, fish, cookies and cupcakes. Great work everyone!

For all who wish to join in, the next game is here: The Cookbook Game #4

Last edited:
Here is how it went for Game #3

6 people said they would play
6 people posted their cookbook
3 people made and posted their recipes (so far)
For a total of 5 recipes made and posted

Good job, at least we are using our cookbooks. Let's hope next game more get used. lol

Hope to see you all there!!!!

Thank you all for playing!!!!

3 people made and posted their recipes (so far)
For a total of 5 recipes made and posted

Slightly confused (not unusual for me these days).:laugh:

There were 6 entries (from 3 members) made and posted as recipes. Click here to see the 6 entries which were posted as recipes.

Slightly confused (not unusual for me these days).:laugh:

There were 6 entries (from 3 members) made and posted as recipes. Click here to see the 6 entries which were posted as recipes.
I see where the problem is. Don't count the carrot recipe, never made it for the game. I didn't post it here. lol
I was waiting for the others to post their recipes before I did a head count.

Back
Top Bottom