The Cookbook Game #1

UPDATE: In the near future, I will ask for a volunteer to pick the # cookbook for that game. So now is your chance to go find that cookbook that you would like to cook from the most.

Can I ask, what happens if you need to miss a round? Outs going to be difficult for me to do the next round because I'm flying back to the UK in 8 days time. I simply won't be able to do anything unless we've already copied a recipe in advance.

Well, if you and MG give me permission, I could start the next game now. 8 days should give you plenty of time to play.

Of course, everyone does not have to play in every game. lol

Well, if you and MG give me permission, I could start the next game now. 8 days should give you plenty of time to play.

Of course, everyone does not have to play in every game. lol

Please no! We have 5 entries. I've got another entry for this round for which I have purchased ingredients but need a few days to cook - also another one possibly. Also @WhatsCookingMama hasn't posted her recipe yet? And @SatNavSaysStraightOn has just switched the countdown clock to this game.

I reckon we may get a few more entries for this round of the great game yet!

Please no! We have 5 entries. I've got another entry for this round for which I have purchased ingredients but need a few days to cook - also another one possibly. Also @WhatsCookingMama hasn't posted her recipe yet? And @SatNavSaysStraightOn has just switched the countdown clock to this game.

I reckon we may get a few more entries for this round of the great game yet!
See why I liked it weekly. I would have said "I've got another entry for this week". I am so used to talking in terms of weeks. lol It is hard for me to know how to refer to things like this. Coincidentally, the first game was started on a Sunday also. It was called "Sunday Game of the Week". The game ran for 208 weeks till I took a break. Sorry, just getting antsy to start on a new cookbook. 8 more days is a long time.

See why I liked it weekly. I would have said "I've got another entry for this week". I am so used to talking in terms of weeks. lol It is hard for me to know how to refer to things like this. Coincidentally, the first game was started on a Sunday also. It was called "Sunday Game of the Week". The game ran for 208 weeks till I took a break. Sorry, just getting antsy to start on a new cookbook. 8 more days is a long time.

Don't fret. 8 days isn't that long! Most of our challenges run for three weeks or a month. This isn't a 'fast and furious forum' and we enjoy time for us all to read the threads and participate. Next time round we can set a slightly shorter deadline and see what happens.

You are doing a great job as a game host @cookieee!

Last edited:
Please no! We have 5 entries. I've got another entry for this round for which I have purchased ingredients but need a few days to cook - also another one possibly. Also @WhatsCookingMama hasn't posted

I posted Red Curried Lentils with Coconut Milk. I'll be making it this Wednesday. I wanted to make this past weekend. I homeschool, getting back into the full routine has been busy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted Red Curried Lentils with Coconut Milk. I'll be making it this Wednesday. I wanted to make this past weekend. I homeschool, getting back into the full routine has been busy.
Hi, thanks for letting us know.

So that leaves 2 people we haven't heard from. IF for some reason you can't play this round, please let us know. Thanks!!

HEADS UP

On August 21, 2019, Hawaii will celebrate their 60th Anniversary of being a State.

So, if you have a good Hawaiian recipe to post for Game #2, that will be the day to share it. :cake:

en
HEADS UP

On August 21, 2019, Hawaii will celebrate their 60th Anniversary of being a State.

So, if you have a good Hawaiian recipe to post for Game #2, that will be the day to share it. :cake:

As I'm in the UK, international as we are here, its probably very unlikely that any of my cookbooks have Hawaiian recipes - and even less likely that if there was one, the number chosen would be that book!

However, I'm very happy to celebrate Hawaii's anniversary. So I will make a Hawaiian recipe on the 21st of August.

en

As I'm in the UK, international as we are here, its probably very unlikely that any of my cookbooks have Hawaiian recipes - and even less likely that if there was one, the number chosen would be that book!

However, I'm very happy to celebrate Hawaii's anniversary. So I will make a Hawaiian recipe on the 21st of August.

I really don't know what recipe would really be true Hawaiian, but usually anything with pineapple? Hmmmmmmmm

As far as the game goes, I usually post it like this.

This weeks # is ** and/or.................... so you really don't need that cookbook to be picked. It's just a little something extra that I do to "try" to keep the game interesting and different. A lot of the things I used to do, you guys here are already doing it. lol It's going to be hard for me to come up with new ideas.lol

The reason I mentioned about Hawaii today is to give everyone a longer time to prepare instead of waiting until Game #2 starts.

I really don't know what recipe would really be true Hawaiian, but usually anything with pineapple? Hmmmmmmmm

As far as the game goes, I usually post it like this.

This weeks # is ** and/or.................... so you really don't need that cookbook to be picked. It's just a little something extra that I do to "try" to keep the game interesting and different. A lot of the things I used to do, you guys here are already doing it. lol It's going to be hard for me to come up with new ideas.lol

The reason I mentioned about Hawaii today is to give everyone a longer time to prepare instead of waiting until Game #2 starts.

OK - my thought here is that its best to keep the Cookbook game as just that (a way of us exploring and cooking from one of our cookbooks, which we might not otherwise do). Its a brilliant concept and doesn't need to be modified IMHO.

Its possibly going to get confusing if we introduce other themes under the Cookbook Game title. But there is nothing to stop you posting new threads - such as the idea you have about recipes to celebrate the Hawaii anniversary. I sometimes do the same - I notice a celebration is coming up and ask members to join in and cook something.

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for letting us know.

So that leaves 2 people we haven't heard from. IF for some reason you can't play this round, please let us know. Thanks!!
A lot of the challenges and competitions have a large number of late entries. Often in the last couple of days, and right up to and sometimes after the deadline. You may just find that they are busy though you could mention them using the @ sign and then their member name. The system will send them a notice that their name had been mentioned in this thread. @morning glory had written some instructions here.

My next entry from Italian Feast is Timballino Vegetariano (Vegetable Timbale). The main ingredients are:

Broccolli florets
French beans
Courgettes
Aubergine
Tomato Sauce
Gruyère cheese

What is interesting here is that the broccoli, courgette and aubergine pieces are coated in flour and beaten egg and fried, before adding to the timbale.

The photo of the dish in the book clearly shows some mushrooms too although they aren't listed in the ingredients... I'm inclined to add them, but we will see.

Here is the photo from the book:

fullsizeoutput_4f2f.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom