The CookingBites Prize Challenge: 'En Papillote'

Salmon, leek and mascarpone en papillot

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/salmon-leek-and-mascarpone-en-papillot.14128/

IMG_0993a.jpg

That's fine. Of course. I'm worried we have so few entries though. I obviously picked the wrong theme!

I don't really understand why so few have participated, it's such an easy way to cook. Even if using the parchment heart way, though the folding looks/sounds a bit intimidating, it's actually very easy once you start doing it, besides the fact that you can always use foil instead. I'm more inclined to believe it's more the time of year thing you have mentioned previously.

Hopefully Craig will cook and put up the one he found using shrimp. I was thinking about having it for dinner tonight.

Lamb, red chicory and potatoes with lemon and rosemary en papillote. So simple - but a long cooking time. About 90 mins. I used lamb steaks but think that neck fillet might have been better as the meat shrank a bit:

fullsizeoutput_3f5e.jpeg

Last call! To date we have 10 entries (if I count my own) but from only 4 members. It would be fantastic to have at least another two entries from other members. So please reply here if you think you might have a go and I'll extend the deadline accordingly.

The winner will be chosen by a members' poll.

Afraid not right now because at 5:30am it was still 25C here. It's forecast to be 43-44C all week here. The oven is certainly not being used, neither are the rings. The only things I'm considering at the moment are the kettle and toaster. Sorry.

Now I see that the deadline is today, so I don't think I'd be able to concoct something that soon (especially since it would be tomorrow before I could actually get started).

What I meant was that I will extend the deadline beyond today if anyone else is likely to enter. Its pretty open ended really (no particular rush) so if you reckon you could rustle up something...

Tell you what - I'll extend it another 10 days to see if we can encourage a few entries from other members.

New extended deadline: Midday Friday 25th January.

Last edited:
What I meant was that I will extend the deadline beyond today if anyone else is likely to enter. Its pretty open ended really (no particular rush) so if you reckon you could rustle up something...

Tell you what - I'll extend it another 10 days to see if we can encourage a few entries from other members.

New extended deadline: Midday Friday 25th January.
In that case, I should be able to submit a dish. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom