The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Beans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have it just about done. I'm narrowed down to a few finalists from a crowded field of good entries.

I got my cough thing sorted out, so I can focus a lot better. Since it is pneumonia, it's not like I have a busy social schedule for the next few days -- unless you're feeling lucky and want to come over for supper. :eek:

Sorry to hear you have been ill. Please look after yourself. I really don't want you worrying about the judging. If you can't decide on a winner and have narrowed it down we could always do a member's poll for the winner based on your shortlist.

The main thing is that you get better.

Sorry to hear you have been ill. Please look after yourself. I really don't want you worrying about the judging. If you can't decide on a winner and have narrowed it down we could always do a member's poll for the winner based on your shortlist.

The main thing is that you get better.

No problem. The treatments are going really well. I fell fine, and I'm supposed to stay inside and not do to much -- sounds like judging instructions to me.

My only delay now is not wanting to slight anyone. So many entries I'd love to taste -- but can only imaging how they taste by reading the recipes and closing my eyes.

Okay, nobody go to bed for the next ten minutes. I'm going head first into the deep end now... or in ten minutes.

CD

OKAY!!!

First, some honorable mentions...

Craigs Reefers -- good looking stoner food. I mean that as a most highest compliment.

Elizabeth and Medtran, thanks for the Red Beans and rice for Fat Tuesday. Everyone has their own way. Liked yours, like mine better -- sorry.

Murphy, classic Boston baked beans. I really wanted to taste those.

MG, those spicy pintos were aimed at my Tex-Mex sensitivities, now weren't they.

And one dishonorable mention. :eek: TR, you need to work on rolling a freaking burrito.:thumbsdown:

So now it comes down the the winner. With all objective thoughts tossed out the window, and only the one, completely objective thought... "Which do I want to eat, right now.

Recipe - Simplified Cassoulet With Pork And Kielbasa

I now pass this burden onto TastyRuben.

CD

MG, those spicy pintos were aimed at my Tex-Mex sensitivities, now weren't they.

Yep. :D

So now it comes down to the winner. With all objective thoughts tossed out the window, and only the one, completely objective thought... "Which do I want to eat, right now.

Simplified Cassoulet With Pork And Kielbasa

Congratulations TastyReuben. :woot:I'd want to eat that right now too. It looks lovely. A big thank you for your thoughtful judging caseydog. I think we all empathised with your dilemma trying to judge from so many entries. You take the crown as the judge who had most entries to date!

Now its over to you TastyReuben and I simply can't wait to see what ingredient you choose. To remind you, all previous chosen ingredients can be seen here: in date order & in alphabetical order. Just post your chosen ingredient in this thread and we will set up a new challenge.

Last edited:
OKAY!!!

First, some honorable mentions...

Craigs Reefers -- good looking stoner food. I mean that as a most highest compliment.

Elizabeth and Medtran, thanks for the Red Beans and rice for Fat Tuesday. Everyone has their own way. Liked yours, like mine better -- sorry.

Murphy, classic Boston baked beans. I really wanted to taste those.

And one dishonorable mention. :eek: TR, you need to work on rolling a freaking burrito.:thumbsdown:

So now it comes down the the winner. With all objective thoughts tossed out the window, and only the one, completely objective thought... "Which do I want to eat, right now.

Recipe - Simplified Cassoulet With Pork And Kielbasa

I now pass this burden onto TastyRuben.

CD
First of all, I roll a burrito exactly the way a hillbilly from southwestern Ohio would roll one! :laugh:

Second, thanks for the decision. Truly, completely unexpected. I had put myself in about 11th place at best, so to say this is a surprise is an understatement. I appreciate the nod of approval.

I'll think a bit and post back the next ingredient sometime later today/tonight.

Thanks, everyone.

First of all, I roll a burrito exactly the way a hillbilly from southwestern Ohio would roll one! :laugh:

Second, thanks for the decision. Truly, completely unexpected. I had put myself in about 11th place at best, so to say this is a surprise is an understatement. I appreciate the nod of approval.

I'll think a bit and post back the next ingredient sometime later today/tonight.

Thanks, everyone.

Don't you go with some obscure ingredient only ten percent of the population knows about. I want to see at least 40 entries. :okay:

CD

Ok, for the next ingredient, how about turnip/rutabaga/swede? Is that something that most folks here have access to?

I suppose I can make a turnip/rutabaga/swede sandwich. One can make a meal out of virtually any ingredients found anywhere in the world if one has but two slices of good bread!

Hint!

Hello 45 entries. Double-dog dare ya' :p:

Hey MG, are dares allowed?

CD

I suppose I can make a turnip/rutabaga/swede sandwich. One can make a meal out of virtually any ingredients found anywhere in the world if one has but two slices of good bread!

Hint!

Hello 45 entries. Double-dog dare ya' :p:

Hey MG, are dares allowed?

CD
I know of only three things to do with a turnip: eat raw, make into mash, or roast, so it would definitely be a challenge... :whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom