The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Beetroot (Beets)

It's also my fault. When I relied to you, I didn't notice that it was early either because I'm a tad distracted at the moment. Yesterday was a rather stressful day with the nearest fire only being 59km away and the wind direction and speed such that it could easily have covered that distance in a little over an hour.

Please take care... despite Australia being well use to bushfires this current season is unprecedented, and unfortunately may get even worse unless we get substatial rain... as usually the worst fires don't occur till February.

Please take care... despite Australia being well use to bushfires this current season is unprecedented, and unfortunately may get even worse unless we get substatial rain... as usually the worst fires don't occur till February.
Yes, its been a really bad season here already.
I've mentioned it before, but we moved house 18 months ago. The last place we lived in is only 4km from what is currently a stable fire front. The irony is that when we first moved there, we had a long talk with the RFS and were told that, historically, all fires had came from what is exactly the opposite direction and that Our only escape route would be across country. That escape route is exactly that is exactly what is on fire.

We are watching the wind direction very carefully, I can assure you.

229A4ABB-AE92-4B78-81DA-48D838248A54.jpeg

Corned Beet Hash. Not an entry, but, it was tasty, and as you know I enjoy a bad pun. I used pearl onions, ground chicken chorizo, and my remaining beet tots.

Okkk, despite low entries this has been so hard to pick. It truly has.

I don't want to sound like one of those progressive Kindergarten teacher's where first prize is handed out to every entry, but in the case of this challenge you could easily justify it.

So well done to all of you: morning glory The Late Night Gourmet SatNavSaysStraightOn Mountain Cat and TastyReuben.

In the end I did narrow it down to two soups. SatNavSaysStraightOn and her cold soup, especially apealling here in Oz at present as record high temperatures fuel deadly bushfires across the Nation. But in the end I went for my fall back position of which one I want to try right now.... and that is The Late Night Gourmet 's Borscht!

So congratulations to The Late Night Gourmet, but I will be trying all these outstanding recipes some time in the future. Cheers.
I was just informed that I won...this is is not only quite an honor, but also quite amusing. As I told morning glory, I checked the thread, and saw new recipes, but didn't see anything from you after that. So, I figured you were still deciding. :laugh: This was quite a fun challenge.

Anyway...since I've kept you all waiting too long already, I'm going to pick one now: Leafy Greens. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:

bec799ebfebc4cc2470b6f913b3d9469.jpg

I would include basil and cilantro (coriander) in the above category.

I was just informed that I won...this is is not only quite an honor, but also quite amusing. As I told morning glory, I checked the thread, and saw new recipes, but didn't see anything from you after that. So, I figured you were still deciding. :laugh: This was quite a fun challenge.

Anyway...since I've kept you all waiting too long already, I'm going to pick one now: Leafy Greens. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:

View attachment 36455

I would include basil and cilantro (coriander) in the above category.

Excellent - we can all make lots of heathy green leaf recipes for January. :okay:

Back
Top Bottom