The CookingBites recipe challenge: berries

Congratulations murphyscreek. A beautiful recipe. I really think it is time to give up your day job. Isn't there a Masterchef Australia that could give you the leg-up?

Anyway, as you know, its now over to you to choose the next ingredient and become judge for the next round. As usual, its best to choose an ingredient which is fairly accessible in all our various countries. It doesn't matter if you choose an ingredient which has gone before so long as it wasn't too recently. A list of all ingredients chosen is here in date order and here in alphabetical order.

If you want to you can 'float' an idea for the next ingredient in this thread or if in doubt PM me or another moderator to discuss.

Ok, was trying to think of an ingredient truly accessible and easy for most to come up with a dish using. So have picked what I'd call here in Australia plain flour, but aka all purpose flour. Unless anyone has any valid points why it wouldn't work as an ingredient. Cheers!!

Ok, was trying to think of an ingredient truly accessible and easy for most to come up with a dish using. So have picked what I'd call here in Australia plain flour, but aka all purpose flour. Unless anyone has any valid points why it wouldn't work as an ingredient. Cheers!!
Brilliant. There will always be a small percentage of people that either can't (celiac disease) or don't consume grains (ethical & health reasons) but as an ingredient otherwise is covers both sweet and savory and a wide variety of possibilities. If a person is celiac then maybe allowing other non gluten grains might be an option. Cheers.

Last edited:
Not sure if (for example) you are including plain wholemeal flour or only white. But I'll set up the new challenge and we can add detail later...
Given the only difference is "chaff" or bran, I'd assume both. Perhaps any gluten free flour mix could also be included. No issues for me, but I do know we have members who are gluten intolerant or simply have to avoid it for other reasons.

Given the only difference is "chaff" or bran, I'd assume both. Perhaps any gluten free flour mix could also be included. No issues for me, but I do know we have members who are gluten intolerant or simply have to avoid it for other reasons.
Let's just make it flour then, including gluten free options? That way includes wholemeal as well.

Bonus points for anyone sourcing and using Australian made Cricket Flour. 😋

Let's just make it flour then, including gluten free options? That way includes wholemeal as well.

Bonus points for anyone sourcing and using Australian made Cricket Flour. 😋

View attachment 88572
I might pass on that, though my chooks would love it.

Back
Top Bottom