The CookingBites recipe challenge: cream cheese

I bought some cream cheese but, right now, totally uninspired by myriads of cakes, cake icing, fairy cakes, buns, cheesecakes, biscuits, cookies and other sweets.
I may just have to sit this one out.

I bought some cream cheese but, right now, totally uninspired by myriads of cakes, cake icing, fairy cakes, buns, cheesecakes, biscuits, cookies and other sweets.
Not even kidding, I wonder if you can cut it into squares, freeze it, then batter it, deep-fry it, and dust it with powdered sugar? I’d eat that.

IMG_8301.jpeg

That was our Cream Cheese Challenge Afternoon Tea - each tier had something to do with cream cheese.

Bottom - sandwiches were egg mayonnaise, turkey with a cranberry-cream cheese spread, and cucumber with cream cheese.

Middle - chocolate scones with mock clotted cream (made with cream cheese), and cranberry-orange liqueur jam.

Top - red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting, and cream cheese-chocolate truffles (entered in the challenge).

View attachment 113516

That was our Cream Cheese Challenge Afternoon Tea - each tier had something to do with cream cheese.

Bottom - sandwiches were egg mayonnaise, turkey with a cranberry-cream cheese spread, and cucumber with cream cheese.

Middle - chocolate scones with mock clotted cream (made with cream cheese), and cranberry-orange liqueur jam.

Top - red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting, and cream cheese-chocolate truffles (entered in the challenge).
I've never made red velvet cake. It looks wonderful. Please post that recipe.

Go savory.

Yep - go savoury karadekoolaid - so far I've two savoury entries made and photographed - just need to type up the recipes.

Yep - go savoury @karadekoolaid
Agree savoury is a good direction.
Another long investigation of the WWW today. It's always long if you've found a lovely bottle of wine to go with your Camembert au lait crú :laugh: :laugh:
I've got some ideas at last. Yes, finally found something worthy of the challenge ( and which boots me out of my uncreative slumber:D:D

Another long investigation of the WWW today. It's always long if you've found a lovely bottle of wine to go with your Camembert au lait crú :laugh: :laugh:
I've got some ideas at last. Yes, finally found something worthy of the challenge ( and which boots me out of my uncreative slumber:D:D
Hey kk: don't forget the judge approved creamy goat cheese for the challenge!

Back
Top Bottom