The CookingBites recipe challenge: cream cheese

I would say so!

Well I’ve ordered some whole milk on a click n collect tomoz, and I’ll have a crack at it 👏
Added some smoked peppered mackerel fillets to the order because I’m gonna need to do something with it and I do like mackerel pâté!
Now I just have to see if the week will leave me alone for long enough to try it out!

Yes, since it’s Italian cream cheese (I’m assuming it’ll be ok). Thought I’d ask, though, since all my cookbooks list them separately.
Yes, any type of cream cheese.

A cream cheese generally is a soft spreadable cheese without a crust and with a fat content of 40% or more. There are some exceptions but that is a good rule. Goats cream cheese is OK too in my book.

Last edited:
This recipe is well rated, uses normal milk and looks super easy

How to Make Cream Cheese (The Easiest Cream Cheese Recipe)

So easy I’m temped to have a go, does cream cheese count as an entry for the ingredient cream cheese? 😂

Yeah its easy. I've done it many times. If you have a jam staining kit it is useful but a sieve will suffice. I did make some that I smoked once (I used my handheld smoking machine (Heston Blumenthal brand).

It was goat's milk I used and you can see the rather final recipe I made here: Recipe - Applewood Smoked Goat’s Curd with Lacy Whey Pancake and Plum Chutney

Yeah its easy. I've done it many times. If you have a jam staining kit it is useful but a sieve will suffice. I did make some that I smoked once (I used my handheld smoking machine (Heston Blumenthal brand).

It was goat's milk I used and you can see the rather final recipe I made here: Recipe - Applewood Smoked Goat’s Curd with Lacy Whey Pancake and Plum Chutney
Oh that looks goooood 😋

I hadn't thought of smoking it but I did buy two different types of milk so I'd have enough to smoke one of them.

When's the next sunny day?
Answer for UK members- one day if you're lucky 😆

Oh that looks goooood 😋

I hadn't thought of smoking it but I did buy two different types of milk so I'd have enough to smoke one of them.

When's the next sunny day?
Answer for UK members- one day if you're lucky 😆
Same here. It's the wettest year on record.

Back
Top Bottom