The CookingBites recipe challenge: flour

Use fresh - they´ll be fantastic.
Already am, thanks! The dough is on it's first rise.

I basically am just making them like bread with no egg, I know a lot of sandwich bun recipes call for egg but I just didn't want to do that for some reason. I hope they turn out as good as I think they will!

Okay the tarragon and thyme buns came out really nice. I opened one and slathered some Kerry Gold on it fresh out of the oven, it was moist and tender inside. These would make nice dinner rolls or sandwich buns. I'm making sandwiches with them later and am looking forward to it. I will update with my recipe link later, might not write it up tonight.

Perfectly Chocolate Cake with fresh Raspberry Filling

88862 88863
Mrs. Next Door Neighbor asked if I would make her Mister's birthday cake for them ... of course!
I've made this cake and icing/frosting recipe many, many times before, but never with a filling.
Not to break my arm patting my own back or anything, but this cake was excellent!
My husband asked me why we don't have cake more often? Maybe we will. I had never frozen the cake layers previously either. I think it made the cake it self even moister.
And Chocolate and Raspberry play very well together.

Ok, here's one I've made several times, and they've (nearly) always come out wonderfully delicious (or are they deliciously wonderful?):

Recipe - Quicker Cinnamon Buns

They're a little tedious, but not terribly so, but wow...they're really good! I like a cinnamon bun with an overload of cinnamon-sugar filling and an overload of cream cheese frosting, so this one really fills the bill.

Not an entry, but it was the first recipe I ever posted here and I've just baked it for my birthday the coming sunday so I would like to bring this recipe to your attention anyway. I just made it today, first thing I baked since the ICU!

Recipe - Whole grain oatmeal apple pie (family recipe)

Also not an entry:

89023 89024

These are DH-approved Cookies/Biscuits, although he did say it needs a stronger tasty Jam/Jelly in the middle.
I do agree with him, the Guava Jelly that I brought back from Hawaii in my suitcase is rather mild in flavor and sweetness.
I'm thinking next time I'll try murphyscreek 's recipe for Jam Drops it'll be with Orange Extract and Sweet Orange Marmalade.

Back
Top Bottom