The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: honey

I'll drop the aubergine.

So:
Mushrooms
Eggs - any sort including fish eggs (one of my favourite ingredients)
Lentils
Chicken

Anyone else got ingredients on the list they dislike?

I've kept a list, in case I wound up being judge again ...

Possible Ingredient Choices:

- Cherries
- Olives
- Avocado
- Lime
- Fennel
- Shellfish
- Caraway Seed
- Grits
- Sour Cream
- Adobo or Mole Paste
- Artichoke
- Poultry
- Tomato Paste
- Spaghetti Squash

I just remembered that TastyReuben doesn't like mushrooms so I'm dropping them. I'm also dropping chicken as I'm hoping SatNavSaysStraightOn will enter this time round (she is vegan with eggs). The choice is now between:

Eggs - any sort including fish eggs (one of my favourite ingredients)
Lentils

I just remembered that @TastyReuben doesn't like mushrooms so I'm dropping them.
It's fine if you want to keep them. I've cooked with them before (I even ate some once a couple of years ago :laugh:) - I can always make something for MrsT. :laugh:

Good choice in the winner, Hemulen, and a nice ingredient choice as well. Thanks for the honorable mention! :)

Would Jimmy Dean sausage, egg and cheese muffins qualify for an egg recipe? The ingredients are simple, - a processed breakfast muffin. The procedure is to microwave to 2-1/2 minutes. :giggle:

full.jpg

Eggs then is the next challenge ingredient. This includes fish eggs such as caviar or salmon roe. I absolutely love eggs in all guises (unless they are overcooked scrambled eggs).

Good choice. With you being the judge, I'll just have to remember to walk briskly past the stove with my eggs in a pan, so I don't overcook them.

CD :D

Eggs then is the next challenge ingredient. This includes fish eggs such as caviar or salmon roe. I absolutely love eggs in all guises (unless they are overcooked scrambled eggs).
And hag it not have been the middle of the night, and me asleep, I'd have replied lentils!

Is there anyone else vegan? There are not many good vegan substitutes for eggs if we're brutally honest about it.

But luckily my girls have just started to lay again so I may be able to come up with a few new recipes.

Presumably we could use egg white or egg yolk only if we wanted to?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom