The CookingBites recipe challenge: peanut butter

So I’ve been thinking long and hard about the next ingredient. I went over the list of previously used ingredients and I did not see the below mentioned. I wanted to keep in mind availability since we have members here from all over the globe. Here are my top 5 choices. Does anything seem particularly hard to find for anyone?

Otherwise I will chose one of these ingredients for the next challenge!
  1. Tamarind or Tamarind Paste
  2. Ginger or Ginger paste
  3. Star Anise
  4. Leeks
  5. Rosemary
As much as I love tamarind, and I can eat the fresh sweet dates quite happily, I suspect they're could be availability issues in some countries even in paste form.
I can't see an issue with the other 4 though. All herbs/spices should be available in fresh or dried form. Leeks may not be available in the Zambezi though badjak ?

So I’ve been thinking long and hard about the next ingredient. I went over the list of previously used ingredients and I did not see the below mentioned. I wanted to keep in mind availability since we have members here from all over the globe. Here are my top 5 choices. Does anything seem particularly hard to find for anyone?

Otherwise I will chose one of these ingredients for the next challenge!
  1. Tamarind or Tamarind Paste
  2. Ginger or Ginger paste
  3. Star Anise
  4. Leeks
  5. Rosemary
In the past entries for spices/herbs have been scant but I now think that's changed due to changes in membership. So go for any of the above except perhaps leeks as badjak can't get them.

Congratulations on the win!

Okie dokie then:)
I’ve decided to choose Ginger as the next ingredient!

Ginger is one of those root vegetables that has a wide range of uses and health benefits. It’s very versatile and can be used in both sweet and savory dishes not to mention some wonderful breads and teas. I use ginger pretty regularly and I’ve always loved that peppery taste it adds to food and how it helps enhance other ingredients at times.

As always I’m looking forward to everyone’s great recipe ideas and creativity and I’ll definitely contribute as well for fun. I hope this will be a fun ingredient for everyone. Let the games begin!:chef:

IMG_8665.jpeg

Okie dokie then:)
I’ve decided to choose Ginger as the next ingredient!

Ginger is one of those root vegetables that has a wide range of uses and health benefits. It’s very versatile and can be used in both sweet and savory dishes not to mention some wonderful breads and teas. I use ginger pretty regularly and I’ve always loved that peppery taste it adds to food and how it helps enhance other ingredients at times.

As always I’m looking forward to everyone’s great recipe ideas and creativity and I’ll definitely contribute as well for fun. I hope this will be a fun ingredient for everyone. Let the games begin!:chef:

View attachment 111937

Is this just for fresh ginger, or can we also use ginger powder?

Back
Top Bottom