The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Potatoes

...and I just bought a big ol' bag of apples!

I don't know what I'm making yet, but I'm going to go on the savory side, because sweets are too obvious, and maybe I'll find a nice apple-inspired autumnal boozy drink to make as well.

I didn't even make the top 13. :cry:

Oh well.

Apples are a good choice for this time of year, at least here in Murca. This is when you get your good baking apples. Ida Red, Granny Smith, and Northern Spy apples all ripen by mid to late October.

But, I don't bake. So, if I want to "compete," I'm going to have to find a way to use apples and meat. Maybe some pork -- goes well with apples.

CD

But, I don't bake. So, if I want to "compete," I'm going to have to find a way to use apples and meat. Maybe some pork -- goes well with apples.
A lot of Fall soups use apple. That might work.

I didn't even make the top 13. :cry:

Oh well.

Hey! I realise now that you didn't tag your recipe cookingbites recipe challenge. That is why I didn't include it - simply because it didn't come up on the list when I clicked on the tag. That is the way the judging works - the tag enables all the recipe entries to be viewed in one or two pages, with live links.

In the past I've trawled through the challenge thread to check that all the linked recipe threads have been correctly tagged and even added tags myself. But with 33 entries this was not feasible.

Anyway - if you enter an apple recipe (and I hope you do) you will know to tag it! See below it is only tagged 'potatoes' and 'salad'.

Last edited:
Hey! I realise now that you didn't tag your recipe cookingbites recipe challenge. That is why I didn't include it - simply because it didn't come up on the list when I clicked on the tag. That is the way the judging works - the tag enables all the recipe entries to be viewed in one or two pages, with live links.

In the past I've trawled through the challenge thread to check that all the linked recipe threads have been correctly tagged and even added tags myself. But with 33 entries this was not feasible.

Anyway - if you enter an apple recipe (and I hope you do) you will know to tag it! See below it is only tagged 'potatoes' and 'salad'.

View attachment 33676

Aha, I shot myself in the foot... again. :ohmy: :laugh:

No big deal. It's all for fun. :thumbsup:

CD

Back
Top Bottom