The CookingBites recipe challenge: poultry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have decided!

It came down to eggplants (aubergines) or mushrooms.

Mushrooms - won. Any type of mushroom is fair game for this next challenge. Any type of edible fungi (except those uni-cellular yeasts) is acceptable as a mushroom.
Oh I am glad you chose mushrooms, not a fan of eggplant. But I won't be entering this round, though I will avidly be looking for great ideas on what to do with mushrooms from other forum members!

I have one question for Mountain Cat: out of your entries, which one did you think tasted the best? This is always interesting to know.

I have decided!

Mushrooms - won. Any type of mushroom is fair game for this next challenge. Any type of edible fungi (except those uni-cellular yeasts) is acceptable as a mushroom.
Mushrooms are an excellent choice!
Plus, the vegetarians will be pretty happy 😅

My husband is a real "fun guy", as I often tell him.
Which just goes to show... "dad jokes" are not limited to dads... :laugh:

I don't like mushrooms, though I will eat them on rare occasions. The jardiniere I posted had mushrooms in it, and I tried some of those.

That said...MrsT loves the dirty little things, so I can probably participate, though I'd like to find something other than the more common things we have here (mushroom omelette, mushroom pizza, etc.).

MrsT is likely to be happy the next few weeks. 🍄

I have decided!

I like the choice of mushrooms and at present have a good variety, although I used up all my morels.

BTW: I just read an article about the spread of a European mushroom in North America, - Death Caps. If any members hunt down their own mushrooms, be aware. It's not too common for people to die from Death Caps, but it does happen, typically to people who go hunting for their own mushrooms in the wild, - or are treated to a mushroom meal by somebody who doesn't like them.

I would never attempt to harvest wild mushrooms. I am not knowledgeable enough. Several years ago G came home from his hunting camp with a HUGE Lion's Mane Mushroom. Problem - he harvested the mushroom on the first day of his week long hunting trip. He did not clean the mushroom. He put it in an ice chest. That beautiful mushroom was ruined. By the time he got home a week later it was mushy and moldy. Not edible. :yuck:
I keep dried wild mushrooms in my pantry. They keep for ages and have a very intense flavor. A little goes a long way. I usually reconstitute in wine. Reserve the wine to use in a sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom