The CookingBites recipe challenge: rice

Congratulations medtran49! You are such good cook and I loved all your entries.

I probably don't need to say this but:

As usual, its best to choose an ingredient which is fairly accessible in all our various countries. It doesn't matter if you choose an ingredient which has gone before so long as it wasn't too recently. A list of all ingredients chosen is here in date order and here in alphabetical order.

If you want to you can 'float' an idea for the next ingredient in this thread or if in doubt PM me or another moderator for advice.

I choose brown sugar, light or dark. Obviously, it can be used in sweets, but there are lots and lots of recipes using beef, poultry, seafood, vegan/vegetarian options. In fact, I found an Asian recipe using ground beef while browsing that I intend to try very soon.

You can make your own brown sugar from granulated white by mixing 1 cup granulated sugar with 1 Tbsp molasses for light brown or 2 Tbsp molasses for dark brown. Besides that, there are brown sugars of various names worldwide. As long as the color of the sugar is golden brown to dark brown, you are good.

I choose brown sugar, light or dark. Obviously, it can be used in sweets, but there are lots and lots of recipes using beef, poultry, seafood, vegan/vegetarian options. In fact, I found an Asian recipe using ground beef while browsing that I intend to try very soon.

You can make your own brown sugar from granulated white by mixing 1 cup granulated sugar with 1 Tbsp molasses for light brown or 2 Tbsp molasses for dark brown. Besides that, there are brown sugars of various names worldwide. As long as the color of the sugar is golden brown to dark brown, you are good.

Interesting! We haven't had sugar before, yet its a versatile ingredient.

I do this from time to time. I always have a jar of Molasses and white granulated Sugar, but Brown Sugar tend to clump up into a hard mass often.
Oh, and congratulation on the win!

How's your energy, dear? Hope you're feeling well.
Mine is OK but both my husband and stepson have been ill since 1.5 week ago so all the extra I have is now spent on them 🥱
It's not Covid though, the tests were negative. Most likely it's the rhinovirus and I already had that this year, thus explaining why I am this time ok myself.

Back
Top Bottom