The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Wine

No more entries from me in this challenge.

I count 15 from me, but some were things like a coulis and the Spice Islands mash and coulis. The Spice Islands mash and coulis was something I can't yet believe turned out to be such a wonderful thing. Anyway, that's a record number from me. Usually Hemulen posts the most recipes in a challenge and even at 15, I think she probably has that beat in some challenge.

This was a fun challenge and it got me buying more alcohol beverage than I have in a long, long time. I have one full bottle of Cabernet and 2 half bottles, one Pinot Noir and one Albariño, left.

Thanks, The Late Night Gourmet for choosing wine. I learned much about using it when preparing meals.

Here’s my version of what you made. Commentary to be provided in the recipe link!

6294437D-E7A6-4071-8446-29DAB70D9CB1.jpeg

I still need to comment on the last few entries, but here's the full tally...a total of 44 entries. I will provide a summary later. I have been considering each entry and weighing it against the others as they come in, rather than waiting until now to start figuring it out. I was foreman of a jury for an armed robbery trial many years ago, and this is clearly the best way: consider the evidence as it comes in, and don't wait until you have all of it in front of you. I will render a verdict later today.

TastyReuben (7):

Flyinglenris (15):

PabloLerntKochen:

Murphyscreek:

Hemulen:

Windingo:

ElizabethB:

MrsDangerMouse

MyPinchofItaly

Caseydog

PreppedFRESH

Morning Glory
Medtran

Last edited:
It would be 43, if PreppedFRESH had her recipe properly entered. As a new member, I though someone might have helped them out.

Its on The Late Night Gourmet's list above which counts in at 43.

I've now added the tag. I explain the system but forgot to check she had done it. I prompted her to put the link in this thread and amended it as the whole recipe was added instead of a link.

I used to check every entry for tags but now there are so many I can't keep up!

This just goes to show that being a judge isn't all champagne and caviar - there's real work involved!

Back
Top Bottom