The decade of your teen years...

Four door, dark blue, vinyl top, even. I miss the look of a vinyl top.

Found one. For reference to non-Mercans, that car was 18.5 feet long, bumper to bumper.

Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 6.10.48 PM.jpg

CD

My first car had two speakers in the back package shelf (American term -- don't know what Brits call it). One of them lifted up, and had a box under it. That's where our empties went. :eek::laugh:

Oh, my first car. 1973 Pontiac. It was a double hand-me-down, and was trashed when I got it. I spent a year meticulously fixing it up. 400 CI/6.6 Liter V8 -- 8 MPG. Gas was 47 cents a gallon when I was in High School.

View attachment 77287

CD
Hey Casey,
Is that a Lemans / Grand Lemans? I had one in 1978 (maybe a 1973/74 model) - shimmery lime green with a white landau top.. white leather interior, loved the car - the transmission not so much. It was a dud. Bought the car used, and tranny went kaput about a year later. Great car for cruising while it lasted!

Hey Casey,
Is that a Lemans / Grand Lemans? I had one in 1978 (maybe a 1973/74 model) - shimmery lime green with a white landau top.. white leather interior, loved the car - the transmission not so much. It was a dud. Bought the car used, and tranny went kaput about a year later. Great car for cruising while it lasted!

Yes, a Lemans.

With a landau top, yours was probably a 1974.

CD

'70's Redneck Rocker. Favorite band "Sabbath"! Total Southerner, stll kept a grudge about the War of Northern Aggression.

I started smoking tobacco at around 13 (cannabis 8 years later). I started drinking beer at around 15. I couldn't drink in my local pub because the landlord had known my father (and consequently, me).

I stopped smoking permanently in 2013. I have yet to stop drinking.

[Note: the growing and "use" of cannabis will become legal in Thailand on Thirstday this week. It's not yet clear how "use" is defined.]

That was my first serious boyfriend's favorite band. We got to go see them, too. My ears were ringing five days after.
TBH, I still have a bit of fondness for two or three of their songs.

Edit: my birthday is shared with Ozzy.
Which two?

I started smoking tobacco at around 13 (cannabis 8 years later). I started drinking beer at around 15. I couldn't drink in my local pub because the landlord had known my father (and consequently, me).

I stopped smoking permanently in 2013. I have yet to stop drinking.

[Note: the growing and "use" of cannabis will become legal in Thailand on Thirstday this week. It's not yet clear how "use" is defined.]

Smoking at 13 as well. Weed at 15. Stopped weed at 17 when I became a father and moved into a flat with girlfriend and baby.
Stopped smoking in 2006.
Still drinking.

Russ

Yep, unfortunately, I do. Its a work phone part of the J O B 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
Yeah, me too. My work is mostly done through smartphone apps so no chance I can turn it off. I do, however, have my settings to have texts silent (not even on vibrate) and I just hit "decline" if someone calls me while I am working. Which brings to mind the irritation that I feel because my husband will not alter his settings and gets texts and phone calls during the night and early morning at times that wake me up while he is soundly sleeping. I am a light sleeper and he is not.

Yeah, me too. My work is mostly done through smartphone apps so no chance I can turn it off. I do, however, have my settings to have texts silent (not even on vibrate) and I just hit "decline" if someone calls me while I am working. Which brings to mind the irritation that I feel because my husband will not alter his settings and gets texts and phone calls during the night and early morning at times that wake me up while he is soundly sleeping. I am a light sleeper and he is not.
I turn my phone off at night. I hate alarms. And txt beeps.
Btw my son set txt notifications to imitate Darth Vader voice. He changed it after waking up and giving himself a hell of a fright. Lol. I laughed when he told me.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom