The decade of your teen years...

I turned 13 in 1970, it truly was sex drugs and rock and roll. Long hair Jean's and denim jacket. At 17 I settled down with my now wife and baby daughter. 17 thru 19 I was working 2 jobs and living a quiet life.
At 17, I had 2 choices, gangs (bikes) or settling down.

Russ

Sure, but you can't even go to a restaurant/venue/store without it because of certain apps right now so this advice doesn't really work. Not willing to discuss the political why and how of certain apps, we have the covid thread for that. But it's not so easy now where I live.
I haven't had that problem here yet. Right now I'm between cell phones. The only issue I am having is those people who prefer to text rather than pick up a phone to CALL me on the land line, or to, well, shoot me an e-mail.

70's as well.

I turned 20 in 1976.

Hated disco.

Was into Hawkwind mainly, read a lot of science fiction which tied in well with Mike Moorcock's involvement with Hawkwind. I was quite into his eternal champion concept, Elric, Hawkmoon etc. Plus they had an eternal companion too, in some forums my user name is Oladahn after Hawkmoon's companion.

As I've mentioned elsewhere I had a rather lonely time as far as female companionship, being hit upside the head with an ugly stick didn't help. But I had a great, small bunch of friends and we got up to all sorts of mischief together. Did a lot of fishing and rabbiting with them and my dad. Fiddled with cars and motorbikes, Went through several years of technical training college (electronics).

And despite my lack of success with girls I still look back on this period with a great deal of fondness.

And just seen that the BBC have bought the rights to 'do' the Runestaff series.
The Jewel in the Skull
The Mad God's Amulet
Sword of the Dawn
The Runestaff.

Looking forward to it, hope they do it justice.

Just google 'hippy girl in Hyde Park' and you will see me. First image that comes up. I remember it well. Daily Mirror photographer asked me to pose. I blew quite a few bubbles that day...

Oh and apparently that image is worth $250!
Nice, It does make me smile that the first Punks are now drawing their pensions. Youngsters these days don't come close.

Back
Top Bottom