The farming and fishing of salmon

We were high school classmates. We had a very brief relationship after my divorce. Let's say we are better of as friends -- a long distance apart. :laugh:

CD
So my cousin might know her or if she has older siblings, knows them.

Oh, it might be easy enough to find out. I can just ask them if they have any female classmates who now reside in Alaska. As small of a town as Port Arthur is, everybody knows everything about everyone else.

I´m with the brown bears.
The best salmon comes from where ever you like it best. There´s probably a big difference between farmed, river and ocean salmon, but if I could choose, I´d be getting mine from rivers or lochs in Scotland, simply because that´s what I know.

Salmon can be caught here in south island. Rakaia river is famous for it. I know a guy who has a bach (small holiday home) at the mouth.
He gave me a whole one 6 years ago. I bottled it. Still in the garage
Also farmed at akaroa as well.

Russ

Salmon can be caught here in south island. Rakaia river is famous for it. I know a guy who has a bach (small holiday home) at the mouth.
He gave me a whole one 6 years ago. I bottled it. Still in the garage
Also farmed at akaroa as well.

Russ
I saw some photos online of some HUGE salmon caught in NZ. Kinda like those crayfish from Tasmania, eh? They say that everything's bigger in Texas, but I suspect that NZ takes the prize on that one, LOL!

I saw some photos online of some HUGE salmon caught in NZ. Kinda like those crayfish from Tasmania, eh? They say that everything's bigger in Texas, but I suspect that NZ takes the prize on that one, LOL!
Yeah they are pretty big here. I got a license a while back to catch one at waimakariri gorge. Tried but no cigar

Russ

If you catch a salmon in Texas, I don't care how big it is, you've made history. :laugh:

CD
I was obviously being more generalized than that, but I do remember my cousins harvesting crawdads in Port Arthur when I was a kid. Have you ever seen the size of those Tasmanian crawfish? Some of them are nearly the size of a person.
1644460936207.png

Last edited:
My husband's good friend back in Hawaii would go once a year to Alaska (I can't remember where exactly) and go Salmon Fishing with a buddie who retired and moved there from Hawaii. He would bring back an entire cheap-o Styrofoam cooler filled with fresh caught fish for us all to share.
We smoked an entire fillet (it was HUGE) and had the best meal of our lives!
Mind you now, this was all back in Hawaii, good times!

Back
Top Bottom