The forum future after October

I really do want to help, maybe I can send some money manually if there is a bank account number or something available?
for obvious reasons, I don't want to put my bank account details up Online but I'm more than happy for you have them via a pM.
I'll need to log in to my UK account and see if I have any international account details in there. If not, I certainly know them for my Australian account.

Sorry to hear, I am willing to send some money periodically to help out.

Facebook: it is not formatted for this type of forum. You cannot find old posts in groups without pulling teeth, and even that is unlikely to be helpful. Yes, I am on FB, and I like using FB - I keep in touch with friends and family not remotely in my geographic area, and I participate in the Coturnix Quail and a couple of homesteading groups - but this place would NOT work on FB.

PayPal: I have just extracted myself from that service. Unbeknownst to me, I was being charged by a batch of Ukrainian / Russian scam artists which ended up going to autopay from my bank. Nickled and dimed, as they say. My bank contacted me, I contacted Paypal - and got hours and hours and hours of run-around from their Customer Disservice department - PayPal had the nerve to ask if I wanted my credit limit INCREASED! H*** NO! My bank cut off PayPal, and gave me a new checking account and I finally got some charges reversed - but they then went and charged me a late fee, despite the whole thing still being under dispute. I got sick of the whole deal, and last week PAID that late fee, and have shut down PayPal FOREVER. I will NOT use it. EVER AGAIN.

So - I am willing to support the upkeep of this site, but I'll do passenger pigeons before I'd do PayPal.

for obvious reasons, I don't want to put my bank account details up Online but I'm more than happy for you have them via a pM.
I'll need to log in to my UK account and see if I have any international account details in there. If not, I certainly know them for my Australian account.
Great! , thank you . I will send you a pm as soon as I made my transfer. I will contribute each month until further notice :hug:

Sorry to hear, I am willing to send some money periodically to help out.

Facebook: it is not formatted for this type of forum. You cannot find old posts in groups without pulling teeth, and even that is unlikely to be helpful. Yes, I am on FB, and I like using FB - I keep in touch with friends and family not remotely in my geographic area, and I participate in the Coturnix Quail and a couple of homesteading groups - but this place would NOT work on FB.

PayPal: I have just extracted myself from that service. Unbeknownst to me, I was being charged by a batch of Ukrainian / Russian scam artists which ended up going to autopay from my bank. Nickled and dimed, as they say. My bank contacted me, I contacted Paypal - and got hours and hours and hours of run-around from their Customer Disservice department - PayPal had the nerve to ask if I wanted my credit limit INCREASED! H*** NO! My bank cut off PayPal, and gave me a new checking account and I finally got some charges reversed - but they then went and charged me a late fee, despite the whole thing still being under dispute. I got sick of the whole deal, and last week PAID that late fee, and have shut down PayPal FOREVER. I will NOT use it. EVER AGAIN.

So - I am willing to support the upkeep of this site, but I'll do passenger pigeons before I'd do PayPal.
Yeah I had the same kind of issues, but SatNavSaysStraightOn has a solution for us 👍

I will budget for a donation. I would love to support the forum .Like other members my daughter and I live of one (my) income, and it is rather tight.

I hope to have my donation transferred by end of September. I will put a reminder on my phone to do that
I might be able to pay a monthly 5 Gbp contribution, but at this point cannot firmly promise that. I have descaled my side job as I was drained, so I have to see how we come out.

Facebook would be, like for other members, not a solution I would use, as I do not do fb.

I have nothing against passive advertising,as Casey mentioned.

And a huge thank you all who freely devote their time to the forum.

For established members a direct transfer is probably the best. I would not use a debit card. There are fees for using a credit card or paypal so your contribution is reduced.
SatNavSaysStraightOn , Morning Glory and all of the staff members - thank you for your time and dedication. You all ROCK!!!
This forum is very important to me. I would be seriously depressed if it went away.
Let's stand together and make this work. :hug:
🤟
Elizabeth

Back
Top Bottom