The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, I stepped out yesterday and it was 74f (23.3c) in the morning. For us in Florida, that's autumn weather 😅

That is almost too hot for me. I'm quite happy now temperatures have gone down. I sleep much better when its cooler and if I want to be warm I whack up the central heating. What I hate is the lack of light as Winter comes.

That is almost too hot for me. I'm quite happy now temperatures have gone down. I sleep much better when its cooler and if I want to be warm I whack up the central heating. What I hate is the lack of light as Winter comes.
re bold text: me too!
Most homes in our half of the state have central air conditioning but no heating (because we certainly don't need it!). I welcome these cooler times, I might start walking in the mornings again.

20 deg c predicted, my road in front of the house, road cones everywhere, trucks with pumps and hoses going into drains outside our home. My drive is closed, I have to pick my mate up at 2.30 for the pub.
Hope I can get out.
Spring is well and truely here.

Russ

Well it's offical. I need a new hip. My surgeon agreed.
he's also one of the few who do the anterior approach (direct anterior approach or DAA) type of total hip replacement and I'll be getting a young person's hip replacement. The way the replacement rod goes into femur Is different. It's a longer operation and not as easy Which is why most hip replacements are posterior but given that I can't lie an my side and more importantly, my muscles do not regenerate easily and disappear in front of you due to my body not producing cortisol, an anterior approach Is much more sensible because it doesn't cut through anywhere near as much/many muscles/ tendons or ligaments and will tighten the ligaments at the same time - useful for someone with hypermobility syndrome. Dislocating the new hip is not a good move!

So it looks like the run up to Christmas will be spent in hospital and then in rehab.
It may also mean I'll miss our 25th Wedding Anniversary but plans for that went astray when Australia closed internal and international borders anyway - I had wanted to get out to New Zealand but I guess that can wait until my 50th instead!

I'm kind of relieved more than anything else because I should get same of my mobility back.

But it also means that the CB server move needs to happen sooner rather than later!
I just have a few more details to sort out and then I can buy our new server and get the move organised.

Thankfully the Chickpea Miso I made last month doesn't need checking an until 3rd December and hopefully hubby will be able to do stage 2 for me ... It takes 6 months total to make. I'll set a few more cheeses going this week or next, so that We have a few batches ready for Christmas. They take 6 weeks or so and I can get a couple of the almand feta Cheeses made as well. They freeze well so that's good.

Time to make plans I guess.

Preserved lemons would work well with Christmas day lunch I think!

Well it's offical. I need a new hip. My surgeon agreed.
he's also one of the few who do the anterior approach (direct anterior approach or DAA) type of total hip replacement and I'll be getting a young person's hip replacement. The way the replacement rod goes into femur Is different. It's a longer operation and not as easy Which is why most hip replacements are posterior but given that I can't lie an my side and more importantly, my muscles do not regenerate easily and disappear in front of you due to my body not producing cortisol, an anterior approach Is much more sensible because it doesn't cut through anywhere near as much/many muscles/ tendons or ligaments and will tighten the ligaments at the same time - useful for someone with hypermobility syndrome. Dislocating the new hip is not a good move!

So it looks like the run up to Christmas will be spent in hospital and then in rehab.
It may also mean I'll miss our 25th Wedding Anniversary but plans for that went astray when Australia closed internal and international borders anyway - I had wanted to get out to New Zealand but I guess that can wait until my 50th instead!

I'm kind of relieved more than anything else because I should get same of my mobility back.

But it also means that the CB server move needs to happen sooner rather than later!
I just have a few more details to sort out and then I can buy our new server and get the move organised.

Thankfully the Chickpea Miso I made last month doesn't need checking an until 3rd December and hopefully hubby will be able to do stage 2 for me ... It takes 6 months total to make. I'll set a few more cheeses going this week or next, so that We have a few batches ready for Christmas. They take 6 weeks or so and I can get a couple of the almand feta Cheeses made as well. They freeze well so that's good.

Time to make plans I guess.

Preserved lemons would work well with Christmas day lunch I think!
FWIW my wife had a double hip replacement about 15 years ago, everything went perfect, the one thing she tells everyone, follow docs instructions to the letter. My wife was walking same day and has no problem, our daughter had one replaced, didn’t follow her exercises and ended up it getting done again. Our son has also had a hip replaced. Wife’s genes, not mine, I’m 100%
Good luck with your op.

Russ

FWIW my wife had a double hip replacement about 15 years ago, everything went perfect, the one thing she tells everyone, follow docs instructions to the letter. My wife was walking same day and has no problem, our daughter had one replaced, didn’t follow her exercises and ended up it getting done again. Our son has also had a hip replaced. Wife’s genes, not mine, I’m 100%
Good luck with your op.

Russ
Thanks.
I'm very good about following the Dr's advice. I've had enough ops to know I need to.

This is straight in to ICU, then onto the ward for 7 days and then inpatient rehab for however long they feel is needed. So I guess I may disappear and come on go...

Must get the veg plot planted up with seeds!
I've 2 weeks before I go in

Sorry for using the C word, but I've been looking through this today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom