The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adorn it with Christmas lights, maybe?

I needed to find a pot of basil with Christmas lights. Alas, the internet has failed me. You have to imagine this pot of basil, seasonably adorned:

Hunt-Isabella-1.jpg

Holman Hunt: Isabella and the pot of basil.

You didn't realise that after my list of broken bones and stress fractures at the start of this year?

Hope you're not too sore.

To be honest, I have no problem with my age, it is no big deal, it is the things that come with it! I don't have mum to discuss women stuff with and as we all know the Internet is awash with scaremongering and snake oil so it is all a bit bewildering.

Two or more nights ago I had a vivid dream and it felt happy. I was to take a walk and a dinner in Nyc. The walk was presumably Central Park. The walk companion an elderly lady like Iris Apfel. She is 100 this year, active and influencing. And I had asked her at some point, do we need a bodyguard.😂 You know how dreams are, do not recall what she said. There were some people assisting us.
The dinner was at a huge restaurant, with a wide black front window frame and lots of green plantations inside and for whatever reason it was called Viennese.🤓
I tried to google ...
Closest to image:

🤷🤷😄
The dream did not showcase the menu...

The clocks went forward an hour yesterday. 2am became 3am.. grr coupled with a power cut causing everything except hubby's phone and my old analogue wall clock to loose time. My phone didn't have enough power to last the outage so turned itself off. Hence no alarm went off because the 6am alarm only happens on my phone. We're still fighting to adjust. Today didn't happen. Good thing it was a public holiday!

The clocks went forward an hour yesterday. 2am became 3am.. grr coupled with a power cut causing everything except hubby's phone and my old analogue wall clock to loose time. My phone didn't have enough power to last the outage so turned itself off. Hence no alarm went off because the 6am alarm only happens on my phone. We're still fighting to adjust. Today didn't happen. Good thing it was a public holiday!

I cannot see the point of the change in times; we don't have them here (although there's little difference in sunrise and sunset times throughout the year).

I cannot see the point of the change in times; we don't have them here (although there's little difference in sunrise and sunset times throughout the year).
I hate the time change, both times it happens each year. Make up yer mind already! :mad:

I wish someone had told me there's an ice cream store in every street in Athens and that all their ice creams look delicious and that I'd be spending a huge chunk of my travel money indulging in it 😭
On the positive side, you're on vacation and walking a lot, so you do not need to worry about calories :okay:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom