The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's the last day forecast to be dry so it's time to get everything in the garden done... tomorrow I'll finish the Christmas cheeses. They'll just have to sit in the fridge for another 24hrs. Won't hurt them.

Think my phone is heading towards another spelling reset. Can't even have the word them without spell check changing it to then... grr

Think my phone is heading towards another spelling reset. Can't even have the word them without spell check changing it to then... grr
Mine has gotten like that. It always corrects "turkey" to "Turkey," "food" to "good," and "cook" to "cool" - you can imagine how annoying that is, being on a cooking forum.

Mine has gotten like that. It always corrects "turkey" to "Turkey," "food" to "good," and "cook" to "cool" - you can imagine how annoying that is, being on a cooking forum.
Yep, I think mine gets a reset every 6 months or so. Predictive text is a pain... hence my target = rather problems.... :whistling: busy all my or in English without predictive text must ask MG, nope try again just ask MG!...

The spell check on my phone and elsewhere is turned off. Occasionally I may make a spelling mistake (more often a typo), but I usually realise when I do and correct it myself. It would drive me bonkers to have spell check switched on.

mg - there is a difference between 'spell checker' and 'auto correct'

spell check 'highlights' (various means) the word, auto correct changes the word.
auto correct leads to many many many both humorous and not funny results.

Shower upstairs running cold only.
After checking several areas then a phone all to my plumber mate, dafyd, we diagnosed a faulty valve in the shower head, he will come and fix it Monday, luckily we have a shower downstairs as well.

Russ

mg - there is a difference between 'spell checker' and 'auto correct'

spell check 'highlights' (various means) the word, auto correct changes the word.
auto correct leads to many many many both humorous and not funny results.

Sorry - I knew that. I was being sloppy. I don't use either as I find them so irritating. One thing I've recently discovered (don't know why it took me so long) is using 'speech to text' when writing text messages on the mobile phone (click on the little microphone symbol in the message toolbar). Its not 100% accurate but its really not bad at all. Its faster and saves typing with fiddly phone buttons.

Today is our 13th wedding anniversary TVC spoilt me with M & S chocolates, the long box transforms to a standing tray, perfect fit.

Today is our 13th wedding anniversary TVC spoilt me with M & S chocolates, the long box transforms to a standing tray, perfect fit.
View attachment 72615
Congrats...

I'll must drop hints to a certain hubby of mine for Christmas. It's a special wedding anniversary for us along... the key will be timing and planning. The chocolates will be coming from Tasmania if the guy had survived the covid shutdown. Fingers crossed. His chocolates are stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom