The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found my first grey hair today. I'm late to the party as I'm 30 and most people my age already have their first grey hairs. I've always dreaded the idea of becoming old (not the idea of dying though) and often wondered how would I feel as I become older. Now it's finally happening :laugh:

Last edited:
Found my first grey hair today. I'm late to the party as I'm 30 and most people my age already have their first grey hairs. I've always dreaded the idea of becoming old (not the idea of dying though) and often wondered would I feel as I become older. Now it's finally happening :laugh:
It's better or worse, depending on where you found it! :laugh: :whistling:

Already happened here. :(

Found my first grey hair today. I'm late to the party as I'm 30 and most people my age already have their first grey hairs. I've always dreaded the idea of becoming old (not the idea of dying though) and often wondered how would I feel as I become older. Now it's finally happening :laugh:

Mine didn't show up until my 40s. Because of my natural hair color, the grey doesn't show that much -- at least at a distance. My beard is all grey, so I don't let it grow out these days.

I have a good friend who started to grey back in college. By 30, he was completely grey. I have another good friend who was almost completely bald by 30. I'd prefer grey to bald.

My sister (62) still has her hair colored.

CD

Sometimes it happens that early for women, and sometimes you never know because many women become slaves to the hair dye process!
My wife and I are both 38, she started going gray around same time as you.
On the other hand, I only noticed my grays in the last year: 2 or 3 grays in my hair, but double that in my beard, which is why I always shave haha!
Genetics and stress are the biggest factors at play here.

MrsT's hair is, erm, 50 shades of grey, and she was really hesitant in letting that happen, after years of coloring. Now she gets more compliments on her hair than ever, happened just the other day.

my hubby was already going silver rather than grey when I met him 30 years ago. he was 22 then and it had started when he was 18!

I'm a redhead naturally. I've gone from auburn to brown over the years. just loosing the chestnut and red I had. now I'm dark brown. no grey yet. just getting closer and closer to black which is when I guess the grey might start. I've never wanted to dye my hair. I guess I won't start now. at 48 with no grey, I'm actually happy with it. just wish I had some of that chestnut colour back though!

Sorry to everyone who thought I was a young blond!

To your comments, I did have a coworker who was 27 and his hair was fully grey, which I thought looked charming. But I do think this grey hair thing is exciting, I've been looking forward to it :laugh: I've always wondered how I would feel as I grow older. There seems to be such a divide between people and their younger selves. Like you spend your young years being wild and free and at a certain age you become tired and start doing "old people stuff" like remembering to take your meds at specific times (well at any rate, I'm 30 and have a chronic health condition and a med regimen that would put many older people to shame). And I wasn't that wild because I became independent at a very young age and had a lot of responsibility from an early age but I did enjoy spending time home alone, and travelling alone, and getting drunk in nights out with friends, and dating. My older colleagues sometimes tell me the wild stuff they did when they were young and I have trouble reconciling the 22 year old who got drunk partying and drove their car into a river with the 50 year old who leaves work at 5 to take their kid to a doctor's appointment. Did their personality and motivations change to adjust to their new lives? Will my personality change? How do you go from wild and adventurous to sensible and responsible? Does anyone want to go back in time? :laugh:

Can I ask members to have a quick vote for me regarding those pesky Oops error messages.
Shaun needs to know if he's managed to resolve the problem and if the ongoing errors I'm getting are because of other problems..

There's a thread... The "Oops! We ran into same problems" Error Messages...

Sometimes it happens that early for women, and sometimes you never know because many women become slaves to the hair dye process!
My wife and I are both 38, she started going gray around same time as you.
On the other hand, I only noticed my grays in the last year: 2 or 3 grays in my hair, but double that in my beard, which is why I always shave haha!
Genetics and stress are the biggest factors at play here.

Funny thing about the stress factor. Here is an interesting article on how many presidents of the US turned grey while in office. Of course, you couldn't tell on Trump, his hair was dyed... orange? Obama is most relevant to me, because he is only two months younger than I am.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/barac...aging-going-grey-stress-white-house-1.3393378

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom