The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
my hubby was already going silver rather than grey when I met him 30 years ago. he was 22 then and it had started when he was 18!

I'm a redhead naturally. I've gone from auburn to brown over the years. just loosing the chestnut and red I had. now I'm dark brown. no grey yet. just getting closer and closer to black which is when I guess the grey might start. I've never wanted to dye my hair. I guess I won't start now. at 48 with no grey, I'm actually happy with it. just wish I had some of that chestnut colour back though!

Sorry to everyone who thought I was a young blond!

My paternal grandmother started turning grey as a teenager, and was fully silver grey by 30.

I started live blonde -- as blonde as blond gets. It started changing to brown in my teens. :(

CD

I'd love to have my 55yo brain (memory issues and all) dumped into my 16yo body. Those poor teens around me would get sooooo manipulated and emotionally ramrodded, they'd never see it coming! :laugh:

I've often pondered what it would be like to go back in time to my first year in High School, knowing everything I know now. :devil: Of course, I would probably be too busy betting on Super Bowls and Indy 500s to torment too many people.In college, I'd be too busy working the stock market to go to classes. Microsoft at $21 per share. Apple at $22 per share.😎

CD

My paternal grandmother started turning grey as a teenager, and was fully silver grey by 30.

I started live blonde -- as blonde as blond gets. It started changing to brown in my teens. :(

CD
We're all redheads in our family.
Our mum was the palest, went white very early on. But white, not grey.
I'm the darkest. Started off as auburn, went chestnut and now brown. only my skin and other hair give the game away. My skin is translucent according to one doctor during my recent hip operation stay. My hair is simply dark brown with red highlights in the summer as it naturally bleaches in the sun.
The older of my 2 brothers was (orange) carrot coloured. totally ginger. He's faded to well I don't really know how to describe it. It's obvious he was ginger from his beard but his head Is going bald and loosing all colour, kind of strawberry blonde that's had a hard life. Currently, its lime green again.
My sister was a wonderful red-ginger as a kid. She's faded to a mouse brown colour when it's not dyed.
My youngest brother started off as strawberry blond, he's just blonde now.

None of us are actually grey though. hard to explain. Mum's hair lacks all pigment completely, rather like my skin. Doctors often tell me they've not seen skin my colour before and often ask if It is normally this colour.

I am ( as good as) hired for the bakery job! :dance:
I have a try out day on thursday to see how it goes with my hernia. If I make it through I will be hired!

And I like the team, they're all ladies like me! Yay!
Congrats this is great!!!

I hope my hernia won't cause problems. It would be great to work with food again
congrats. I'm so happy for you (knowing what it's like not to be able to work because if I'll health)

is the hernia something that can be supported during the day is it causes issues? i don't know if it can be, but if it can, do you have something you can take with you to wear to help you through the day if it starts to cause problems? just a thought. you don't have to use it if it isn't a problem, but having a backup plan with you on the day to get you through could be useful. (sorry, not having had a hernia or knowing anyone with one, I don't know if a hernia support even exists, but I know every time I have an operation my hypermobility causes both wrists to start dislocating, so I take both supports with me just in case. this last operation saw me needing to wear one of them, but not the other just random thoughts...)

congrats. I'm so happy for you (knowing what it's like not to be able to work because if I'll health)

is the hernia something that can be supported during the day is it causes issues? i don't know if it can be, but if it can, do you have something you can take with you to wear to help you through the day if it starts to cause problems? just a thought. you don't have to use it if it isn't a problem, but having a backup plan with you on the day to get you through could be useful. (sorry, not having had a hernia or knowing anyone with one, I don't know if a hernia support even exists, but I know every time I have an operation my hypermobility causes both wrists to start dislocating, so I take both supports with me just in case. this last operation saw me needing to wear one of them, but not the other just random thoughts...)
My problem is not a normal hernia, it's a parastomal hernia. It's basically damage from the surgery.

Parastomal Hernia: Symptoms, Repair, and Complications

So if I stand for long periods of time, pressure comes onto the hole in my abdomen. Causing pain and issues in my case, and if I do too much it might get larger. I do wear a support belt, but even then I have to be careful how I lift things because it can gradually become bigger.

Also I cannot wear the support belt all day, because it restricts my stoma bag and flattens it. Meaning it can't fill up properly if I wear it, so only a few hours a day of wear time are possible.

My problem is not a normal hernia, it's a parastomal hernia. It's basically damage from the surgery.

Parastomal Hernia: Symptoms, Repair, and Complications

So if I stand for long periods of time, pressure comes onto the hole in my abdomen. Causing pain and issues in my case, and if I do too much it might get larger. I do wear a support belt, but even then I have to be careful how I lift things because it can gradually become bigger.

Also I cannot wear the support belt all day, because it restricts my stoma bag and flattens it. Meaning it can't fill up properly if I wear it, so only a few hours a day of wear time are possible.
far enough... presumably you'll have a routine sorted for this sort of thing. I know if it were me, I'd not wear it until it was needed later in the day in your case, if that makes sense...

right bed time. best wishes for the job trial day! it will be Thursday here in the morning...

far enough... presumably you'll have a routine sorted for this sort of thing. I know if it were me, I'd not wear it until it was needed later in the day in your case, if that makes sense...

right bed time. best wishes for the job trial day! it will be Thursday here in the morning...
That doesn't work, because it must prevent my abdomen from becoming a bulging painful mess. It's the bulging causing the pain, and the support belt is meant to keep the muscles that are torn together.

Thanks anyway for trying to help! ❤ sleep well

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom