The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shudder to think what that set you back. đź’°

CD
It wasn't as much as the one we got last year, but that one was bigger. We specifically got this one because of the smaller hamper. Now we've got three of these in various sizes so we can picnic in style.

I much prefer the ones from Harrod's because they're actual Christmas hampers, with Christmas-themed contents. Nothing about the F&M one is specifically Christmas-related. It's a hamper we bought at Christmas, but not a Christmas hamper.

I was also a little disappointed because when you buy a picnic hamper at the actual store, it'll be packed with little reusable containers that are very nice. I wanted some of those, but it looks like I'll have to wait until when we're next in London (September 2022, unless COVID effs that up) to get that.

I have a running list of things to buy in England, whenever we go. Right now, it's:

Wellies
Pudding basin
F&M picnic hamper w/ containers

It wasn't as much as the one we got last year, but that one was bigger. We specifically got this one because of the smaller hamper. Now we've got three of these in various sizes so we can picnic in style.

I much prefer the ones from Harrod's because they're actual Christmas hampers, with Christmas-themed contents. Nothing about the F&M one is specifically Christmas-related. It's a hamper we bought at Christmas, but not a Christmas hamper.

I was also a little disappointed because when you buy a picnic hamper at the actual store, it'll be packed with little reusable containers that are very nice. I wanted some of those, but it looks like I'll have to wait until when we're next in London (September 2021, unless COVID effs that up) to get that.

I have a running list of things to buy in England, whenever we go. Right now, it's:

Wellies
Pudding basin
F&M picnic hamper w/ containers

I just can't picture Yogi Bear saying "Hamper. "

CD

I just can't picture Yogi Bear saying "Hamper. "

CD
He'd have to be British, and instead of "Hey Boo-Boo, let's go get us a pic-a-nic basket," it'd be, "I say, Boo-Boo, let us remove ourselves to Fortnum & Mason and procure a pic-a-nic hamper, what-what?"

:laugh:

Late birthday congratulations to Morning Glory!
ipomoea_2.PNG

just had that important phone call...
citizenship ceremony has been confirmed for Australia Day...

going to have to go shopping for clothes and footwear because the Australian Governor General will be leading the ceremony and issuing certificates etc
Great news! Congrats!

Long term do you think you'll settle there.?

Russ
been here since May 2016. only been back to the UK once and whilst i do enjoy the odd TV program about rural Scotland (and I instantly spotted the Lofoten island, Norway (we've cycled over those exact same bridges) in the latest Bond film) I haven't really missed it. Hubby, I'm not do sure about. he gives me the UK news every morning and I just sit there thinking the same thing...

Well, I actually fell asleep around an hour ago (10PM), but had a really messed up dream. I woke up a few times, but the dream came right back when I fell asleep again. I had to get up and go to the kitchen for a light snack and time to clear my head so I won't go right back to that dream. Now I'm wide awake. :facepalm:

CD

Well, I actually fell asleep around an hour ago (10PM), but had a really messed up dream. I woke up a few times, but the dream came right back when I fell asleep again. I had to get up and go to the kitchen for a light snack and time to clear my head so I won't go right back to that dream. Now I'm wide awake. :facepalm:

CD
whenever I wake up from a nightmare (or dreams relating to a certain period of my past) i have found out over the years that the only way to stop them in their tracks is to get up. usually going to the bathroom, then washing my face and hands is enough to break the cycle. I know if I eat it drink anything other than water, I won't get back to sleep for hours. so my tried and tested solution is the only method I even bother trying now.

sleep tight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom