The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you dress for that? I mean, is it shorts and Birkenstocks one day and the jumpers, fleeces and furry lined boots the next?
Yup!
We've got the same weather going on here in the middle of the desert aka Cowboyville and yes, it's shorts and flip flops then Blue Beans and Boots the next. You have to be careful not to get sick in this kind of back and forth too.
<Edit: forgot to add - layer, layer, layer.>

I've gotten very use to both the cold (snow, sleet, hail, etc.) and the intense heat here in Arizona.
Which I find odd, I'm from Hawaii, DH is originally for Pennsylvania and Mom from California.
Those two have been moaning all today, "It's cold! I'm cold!"
Well, then dress warmer!!!

It's 25F/-4C and flurrying, and I just went out in my underpants and a dress shirt (and barefoot) to get the mail.
Yep, but I bet you didn't linger long... plus our letterbox is 5 minutes down our track.
I used to get told off for not wearing a coat, jumper & (not or) blazer at break-time at school. Apparently my school blouse wasn't considered warm enough for snow! And I often used to go round with no shoes on right up until I ended up with Morton's Neuroma in both feet crippled me and left me unable to walk more than 10meters. I had to wear special inner soles for years to avoid surgery to the soles of both feet. At one point (for 2 years solid) I could only walk in my full mountaineering boots (that took crampons). When work commented the answer was simple... I can come to work in these, or be signed off sick for the next 6 months! After all, many members of staff went to work in what I class as summer weight hiking boots.
'
Dress shirt?

Yup!
We've got the same weather going on here in the middle of the desert aka Cowboyville and yes, it's shorts and flip flops then Blue Beans and Boots the next. You have to be careful not to get sick in this kind of back and forth too.
<Edit: forgot to add - layer, layer, layer.>

I'm lucky then. I pretty well wear the same clothes all year round. The only difference being that if I go out when its cold I put tights and a coat on and some shoes rather than sandals.

Dress shirt?
A button-down long-sleeved shirt that you'd typically wear with a suit, sport coat, or maybe under a sweater/jumper:

(Pic from Costco)

IOW, it's the shirt you wear when you "dress up," hence "dress shirt."

How do you dress for that? I mean, is it shorts and Birkenstocks one day and the jumpers, fleeces and furry lined boots the next?

Yup. You just check the weather forecast when you get up in the morning, and go with it.

On days when it starts off in the 40s, but rises to the 70s, you wear short sleeves and a jacket, and ditch the jacket as the day goes on.

CD

I'm lucky then. I pretty well wear the same clothes all year round. The only difference being that if I go out when its cold I put tights and a coat on and some shoes rather than sandals.
I wear pretty much the same things year-round, as far as type of clothing, it's just the colors that change to match the season.

We went to Florida earlier this year and I bought three short-sleeve button shirts for that, and apart from a couple of tees for working around the house, they're the first short-sleeved shirts I've owned for years and years.

I wear Birkenstocks in Summer and Winter, as long as it is not too cold outside. I especially like to wear them when I travel by air. The slip off and on easily at the security checkpoints.

CD

Exactly caseydog !! DH does not get it this! He teases me when I get ready to leave the house in the Winter.
I've got on multiple layers:
Jeans
Warm Socks and Boots
Short or Long sleeved shirt, depending upon how cold it is and how long I'm out of doors
Zip-Up Quilted Jacket
Zip-Up Vest - sometimes Down-filled or if it's not as cold just a thick fleece one
Scarf it's real cold
Hat & Gloves it's REALLY cold
I haven't needed long underwear here in AZ, but I did when we were in West Virginia!

As you get warm or say you go indoors, you peel off layers appropriately.

Now, as to DH's way of think, " ... it's too damn cold out, I'm staying home were it's toasty warm!" :thumbsup:
He hates putting on some much clothes, he'd rather be back in Hawaii, where it's shorts and flip flops all year round.

A button-down long-sleeved shirt that you'd typically wear with a suit, sport coat, or maybe under a sweater/jumper:

View attachment 76691
(Pic from Costco)

that's just a shirt in this household! lol

Yup. You just check the weather forecast when you get up in the morning, and go with it.

On days when it starts off in the 40s, but rises to the 70s, you wear short sleeves and a jacket, and ditch the jacket as the day goes on.

CD
my hubby has started with the short sleeved work shirts that are for use with a tie. I don't know if that's an Aussie thing though!
mind you it's not warm enough currently. Summer is being typically British right now... (woke to low cloud, but thunder and rain right now)

View attachment 76691
(Pic from Costco)

When you say 'button down', do you mean the collar. If so, what is a shirt without a button down collar called?

my hubby has started with the short sleeved work shirts that are for use with a tie. I don't know if that's an Aussie thing though!
mind you it's not warm enough currently. Summer is being typically British right now... (woke to low cloud, but thunder and rain right now)

Short sleeved dress shirts with a tie are considered nerdy in the US. Does he have a pocket protector?

Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 6.51.51 PM.jpg

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom