The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who wouldn't? :sun:

CD
Well, since you asked...oh, never mind. :laugh:

When you say 'button down', do you mean the collar. If so, what is a shirt without a button down collar called?
Button-down, as in it buttons all the way down the front, as opposed to a shirt like a golf shirt, or rugby shirt, or polo shirt.

If I understand you correctly, a shirt without a button-down collar would still be a dress shirt, but it would specifically be a dress shirt with a spread collar.

Well, since you asked...oh, never mind. :laugh:

Button-down, as in it buttons all the way down the front, as opposed to a shirt like a golf shirt, or rugby shirt, or polo shirt.

If I understand you correctly, a shirt without a button-down collar would still be a dress shirt, but it would specifically be a dress shirt with a spread collar.

I've always know a button down shirt to have a collar that buttons down. Otherwise, it's just a dress shirt. :scratchhead:

CD

I've always know a button down shirt to have a collar that buttons down. Otherwise, it's just a dress shirt. :scratchhead:

CD
but·ton-down
/ˈbətnˌdoun/
adjective

(of a collar) having points that are fastened to the garment with buttons."he wore a blue shirt with a button-down collar"

NORTH AMERICAN
(of a shirt or other garment) fastened with a row of buttons down the front."he opened the door wearing a collarless white button-down shirt"

You just have to read more fashion blogs. :whistling:

how can it be so darn cold right now with this forecast for next week?

they are forecasting 9-12°C for the morning. it hasn't actually made it to 12°C all day. and they are forecasting up to 40mm of rain with another 20mm on Friday and yet by next Wednesday it's due to be 31°C...

:o_o:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom