The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This afternoon we went out to buy these

Came back with these

Our guinea boys live in a 2 tier cage, the ladder is made of wood and slippery so we are going to put some felt on it to give them a bit more grip for their claws

I would never, ever, have been able to guess that! I had visions of you creating fantasy felt figurines. Forget the jigsaws. There's a whole world of felt crafting creations out there:

Yes I have heard of them. Do you think I should knit one? I'm quite good at knitting. Not as good as SatNavSaysStraightOn though who not only knits socks but spins her own wool. Respect. :thankyou:
I knit pullover/ jumpers, cardigans, shawls, hats & blankets as well. Socks are just handy as a portable and easy knit.

I recently gave this jumper away after loosing too much weight for it to actually even vaguely fit.

The irony is that that was the 2nd time is knitted it, the original was too big and my mother was needing a warm jumper when they were stranded here so I have get the original and knitted her a matching hat (just made it up from the jumper pattern).

These are my most recent socks...

You think socks are easy?
Once you've knitted a pair or two and understand the construction they really are easy. First time it's a mystery but first time is learning the heal flap and heal turn which isn't difficult. Sweaters have much more shaping in them especially if you're a larger cup size and need to modify a pattern to get it to fit you.

2nd and subsequent times are simply fine tuning to get the fit you like and want.

I don't use the Kitchener stitch for sewing the rows together but another one (Finchley graft) which is far simpler just not well known. I prefer it because I don't need to look it up each and every time.

But yes socks are easy. My records show I've knitted around 50 pairs though only 44 pairs are in my records. Not all my knitting is in those records.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom