The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just had 6 items of mail no less. All from the UK. Some posted back in early December and one as late as 21st January. Guess a mail delivery from the UK arrived a few days ago in Australia (all have the Sydney West Letter Facility dated 1st Feb on them.) Get your act together Royal Mail!

Well, the freezing rain is here. The streets are still just wet. the ground is too warm, for now. That may change as the air temperature gets lower. I'm sure bridges and overpasses are iced over, being off the ground. My trees and bushes -- and everything else above the ground are coated with ice.

On the plus side, I closed a deal to Art Direct another magazine, this one a sports publication. It is based in LA, but I will work from my office in Texas.

CD

Have you tried gabapentin as a pain relief. Works wonders for me.

Russ
Gabapentin does not exist where I live dear.

Edit: just checked it on google, it's for epilepsy and neuropathic pain. I have pain related to surgical scarring in my abdomen, so it's not likely they would give me that. I will just let the doctor tell me what I need.

Last edited:
Gabapentin does not exist where I live dear.

Edit: just checked it on google, it's for epilepsy and neuropathic pain. I have pain related to surgical scarring in my abdomen, so it's not likely they would give me that. I will just let the doctor tell me what I need.
You are right. For epilepsy but side effects stops nerve pain. I had a big operation in 06, 2 large scars and the one under my arm wihere the nerves never knitted . Pain was 9 but when my doc put me on that and dropped to a 1. I couldn't cope with the bad pain.
TastyReuben dog kate took them as well.
Good luck

Russ

You are right. For epilepsy but side effects stops nerve pain. I had a big operation in 06, 2 large scars and the one under my arm wihere the nerves never knitted . Pain was 9 but when my doc put me on that and dropped to a 1. I couldn't cope with the bad pain.
TastyReuben dog kate took them as well.
Good luck

Russ
I am happy that it works for you!

Hopefully my doctor will be able to help me too. I might be pain free after treatment, who knows.

I am happy that it works for you!

Hopefully my doctor will be able to help me too. I might be pain free after treatment, who knows.
The modern alternative to gabapentin is pregabalin (Lyrica) which is one of the ones I take for nerve pain. Try to avoid it if offered it. Getting off it is hard and i'm well and truly fed up of the withdrawal effects. I don't usually struggle to come off pain meds. done tramadol previously, also endone, morphine, hydromorphone, codine and hydrocodone, all with minimal issues but pregabalin is another matter altogether. It's taken 13 months to drop from 300mg x 3 daily to 75mg x 3 daily. I'm having a pause at the moment!

My manager is travelling from the US to Portugal next week and I asked her to bring me a bottle of this. The bathtub in the new house is full of yellow stains, I was advised to clean it with vinegar but I hate the smell of vinegar and some people say even vinegar doesn't always work. People on the internet say this Bar Keepers Friend line is the bomb when it comes to cleaning, it cleans every kind of stubborn stain you can possible imagine and I've read a review of this stuff on amazon where someone's tub was full of yellow/brownish stains like mine and this cleaned it really well. I could get this in Europe but it would cost me 20€ with delivery, I think in the US this costs less than 5$ so I'm saving a good amount of money.
1643888833095.png

My manager is travelling from the US to Portugal next week and I asked her to bring me a bottle of this. The bathtub in the new house is full of yellow stains, I was advised to clean it with vinegar but I hate the smell of vinegar and some people say even vinegar doesn't always work. People on the internet say this Bar Keepers Friend line is the bomb when it comes to cleaning, it cleans every kind of stubborn stain you can possible imagine and I've read a review of this stuff on amazon where someone's tub was full of yellow/brownish stains like mine and this cleaned it really well. I could get this in Europe but it would cost me 20€ with delivery, I think in the US this costs less than 5$ so I'm saving a good amount of money.
View attachment 80326

If the stains are from minerals (hard water) or old, rusty pipes, try to find some of this. If home stores there don't have it, Amazon has it here, and may have it there.

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 6.27.58 AM.jpg

CD

If the stains are from minerals (hard water) or old, rusty pipes, try to find some of this. If home stores there don't have it, Amazon has it here, and may have it there.

View attachment 80327

CD
Thank you! I believe the pipes are good since the house got a new plumbing in 2014 and the water in my village isn't classified as hard, but I'm shocked that those stains could come from normal wear. So I really don't know what caused them. I'll try the Bar Keepers Friend first. If it doesn't work, I'll try other things. I'm sure the home improvement store I go to has products to remove rust.

Also, caseydog have you ever used oxalic acid? I heard that's the magic ingredient in Bar Keepers Friend and I can't find any cleaning products here in Portugal that have it, but I can buy oxalic acid powder.

Also, caseydog have you ever used oxalic acid? I heard that's the magic ingredient in Bar Keepers Friend and I can't find any cleaning products here in Portugal that have it, but I can buy oxalic acid powder.

I have a canister of Bar Keeper's Friend in my cleaning supplies at all times. I have never used it for the same purpose that you plan to use it for. It is somewhat abrasive, so use it in a small area of the tub first. It could dull the finish. I am very careful about what I use it on. For example, it will leave swirl marks on most bare metal surfaces.

CD

Good morning from North Texas! It is 21F/-6C outside, and here is the view from my office window. All of that white is sleet, not snow. It will melt on the bottom from the temperature of the ground, and stay frozen on top by the frigid air. Basically, it will be a solid sheet of ice within an hour or so. Those ice coated tree limbs are hanging a few feet lower than normal from the weight of the ice. I would normally have a clear view of the house across the street.

IMG_1759 copy.jpg

CD

I have a canister of Bar Keeper's Friend in my cleaning supplies at all times. I have never used it for the same purpose that you plan to use it for. It is somewhat abrasive, so use it in a small area of the tub first. It could dull the finish. I am very careful about what I use it on. For example, it will leave swirl marks on most bare metal surfaces.

CD
Do you know if it can be used on induction hobs? I've read reviews where people were using it to clean hard to remove stains from ceramic hobs, including white stains (years ago I had a vitroceramic hob that had some weird white stains and I could never remove them). I'm getting an induction hob on my new house and I'm a messy cook. I'm anticipating I may need a hard duty cleaning product at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom